You are here

What happened to ME

hbell0428's picture

I am sitting here thinking about the things I will do when I get home.....

First, SD13 is at her BM tonight Smile . (sorry) she only goes 1 night a week until 9:30

Second, My DH is at practice with my BS9 unitl 8ish

so it will just be my BD11 and BS4 at home; I actually feel excited.

I think I might make a pretend picnic in the living room and have a big ol' breakfast dinner and play games or WHATEVER.

My question is......Why can't I do this when FH or even SD is there. I run aroung angry and just not happy?? I know my children notice this and I hate how I let myself get like this. Why can't I just be ME??

DaizyDuke's picture

fun! I used to love it when my mom would make "breakfast" for dinner! Enjoy your "me" time!

ThatGirl's picture

Because SD13 makes you crazy and grumpy? I know I'm much more happy and upbeat and skids aren't around. But you're saying you're down even when she's gone, but DH is home? Is it because you're having a hard time letting go of your resentment of her? Or could it be that you've lost interest/respect in your husband because of the way he parents her? Or maybe you're like me, and just relish the few times you have all to yourself, outside of work?

I say go ahead and have a picnic in the living room, and don't feel guilty about it. Move the furniture aside and spread out a big tablecloth in the middle of the floor. Make pancakes and bacon, drink OJ and sparkling cider (like mimosas), and play monopoly. I used to do things like that with my boys when I was single, and miss it greatly.

on the fence's picture

You just need a break and some space. Enjoy your time with your daughter and son. Play and have fun! Give yourself permission and don't feel guilty. Take this as a message to yourself that you need some time like this. We all know that we need time to ourselves and time alone with DH. Maybe you need to have some time like this when DH takes a couple of kids and you have the others. Maybe switch it up and have.

Is the one night a week something you could plan like that?