You are here

What do your SKids call you?

Yngstepmom's picture

I hate to be call stepmom (blame the disney movies). I just wonder what your guys' stepkids call you?

Stepped in what momma's picture

My skids have all different versions of my name that they like to call me, it is actually pretty funny when they say them. There have been a few times that when we've been talking to strangers they've referred to me as "practically their stepmom", lol. It doesn't bother me to be called stepmom, seems better than bonus mom.

hereiam's picture

My SD24 has introduced me as her "step mom" a couple of times but she was very uncomfortable saying it. When I'm not around, she most likely refers to me as her dad's wife (if she needs to explain the relationship) but I really don't know.

I am fine with her referring to me as her dad's wife rather than step mom. I have been in her life since she was 5 but she has a mother, who she has always lived with. I did not "step" in to be her mom in any way.

notasm3's picture

My brother's SD (who adored him) fondly called him her "fake dad". She and her BFF who both had stepdads they loved liked that term. They thought it was funny.

classyNJ's picture

They call me by my name and introduce me to their friends by my name. If they are explaining situation to friends they will tell them Im the stepmom

LAMomma's picture

They refer to me as Miss (first name) which isn't often. Usually they just run up and ask or say whatever.

Monchichi's picture

Her/ She/ my nickname. I am never referred to as his stepmother. He does not even acknowledge I am married to his father. I am a nothing really to him.

Stepmom09's picture

Mom he has for years. I think he was uncomfortable explaining everything to everyone especially other kids at the play ground.

SecondGeneration's picture

Mine calls me by a nickname, its actually also the nickname my nieces call me by. Its more child friendly.
I dont like the term step mother, but someones clearly explained it all to SD5.