You are here

"we will always have a bond b/c we have a child together"

leftfield's picture

I'm not a mommy, but the guy I used to date used to tell me that he will always have a bond/connection to the BM because of their son. I do't understand this, but maybe it's because I don't have a kid with anyone. Then again, I guess I don't understand how anyone would feel connected to their exspouse who happened to deceive, cheat and lie throughout most of the marriage.

bestwife's picture

Utter bullshit. DH and hogwart can go years without seeing each other or speaking to one another. He has no clue what he is talking about. Is he that young and immature?

Lalena75's picture

Guys don't always use words that convey the meaning we women get ( did that make sense?) My ex was the lying cheating deciever in my situation and I wouldn't use the word bond that's too emotional we have a parenting relationship that's the best he'll get from me. When you have kids together married or not it is kinda till death do you part cause there will always be school events, graduations, marriages, grandkids etc the kids will want their parents there for. Bond well not the word I'd choose to use.

liks's picture

ummm no I wouldnt even say connection.....

I would say that he was a HUGE mistake in my life....he left me with 3 kids and didnt pay his bills, or help me with the morgage....

he is a nothing to me...

just some other dick brain I had sex with....

a man that considers he has a 'bond' with some bitch cos they had a kid is a man who you need to be very wary of....as I believe he is still he needs to abide by what she says...

you and your new man should be planning a future together....and the exes in the past shouldnt have any influence WOTSOEVER over your plans....and if you dont have plans together...you dont have a relationship...IMHO

liks's picture

ummm no I wouldnt even say connection.....

I would say that he was a HUGE mistake in my life....he left me with 3 kids and didnt pay his bills, or help me with the morgage....

he is a nothing to me...

just some other dick brain I had sex with....

a man that considers he has a 'bond' with some bitch cos they had a kid is a man who you need to be very wary of....as I believe he is still he needs to abide by what she says...

you and your new man should be planning a future together....and the exes in the past shouldnt have any influence WOTSOEVER over your plans....and if you dont have plans together...you dont have a relationship...IMHO

bi's picture

oh gag :sick: my ex used to tell me that all the time. "i know you will always have a special place in your heart for me and love me because we have a child together". that's like saying women who get AI have a special bond with the donor. ex was never around, was never a part of bd's life. he just used her as an excuse to bother me when he got the urge. i will always be bonded with bd, not ex. i told him that. i told him that i can love my daugther without loving him. that she is her own person, not an extension of him. idiot. i guess it made him feel better to TELL me how i feel rather than accept that i feel nothing but disgust for him.

bestwife's picture

"You can't exactly say you'll never see ex H or ex W again. What about college graduations? New homes? Marriage? grandchildren? Grandchildren birthdays and celebrations?? " by LMKAH_HMBF

Well I guess your world and mine are on different planets. College graduations - damn neither one of my SSs made it thru high school, new homes - they are homeless bums, marriage - who would marry them, grandchildren - don't want to meet any of the crotch dropping they might produce, celebrations - celebrate what??

Sometimes exes need to be able to be in the same place at the same time - but that does not imply a relationship. I am almost 60 - I know many, many children of divorce who are productive members of society even though their parents have NO communication. My SSs are not productive members of society.

I see no reason to acknowledge that warthog is still alive.

leftfield's picture

My parents have been divorced for, oh, 32 years now. And they've probably seen each other 10 times since then as they passed eachother a graduations, etc. And they've probably spoken to eachother 5 times. And those 5 times were succinct and when we were kids. Since turning 18 which was 16 years ago, my parents have not spoken to eachother one time.

My sister is married with one kid. She used to push for my parents and SM to put the past behind and attend birthdays parties, etc for her son's sake. Nobody wants anything to do with that except her. so my parents take turns, alternating the years that they attend the bday parties. when her son was in the hospital, they used me to find out when the other one plans on visiting and leaving. If I ever get married, they will sit on opposite ends. Graduations, etc - no group pictures, no joint celebrations.

I liked it this way and still do. Now, if my nephew or any of my future kids become deathly ill or injured, my parents and SM will definitely be there in the same room. In emergency and extremely critical situations, they will put the past behind them. But they won't be holding hands, giving each other hugs, etc. Nor will they argue. They will just be there as a support person.

Dory's picture

My DH also used to say this very same thing, even though BM also cheated many times during their marriage.

Today, however (20 years on), he would never say such a freakin idiotic thing - he really hates her. This based upon his experience of her total PAS'ing, bitching about me, trying to stick her nose into our business and generally cause trouble in our lives.

He actually stopped ALL communication with her 15 years ago when he started to see her true colours.

herewegoagain's picture

Sadly, many guys try to "do what is right"...and that line sounds like it came out of the "mouths of some crazy psychologists, psychiatrists and ex's who are not over their ex..." But society "accepts that"...thus, many say the stupidest things even if in their heart, is not really true...

bestwife's picture

"I'd do ANYTHING for my ex-wife because she is he MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN."

Thank goodness he woke up. Any man who truly believes that long-term is too stupid to be with anyone but a woman dumb enough to accept that forever. They often start out like that but the smart ones come to their senses.

alwaysanxious's picture

Here is my response. :sick:

He still has feelings for her. A bond implies an emotional tie.

Newstep's picture

SO said something similar to me. He said she will always have a place in my heart because I loved her at one point and she is the mother of my kids. But I will never again do things for her or take care of her like I did when we were married. She lost that right when she left and she won't use my child to guilt me anymore. I was so happy for him to finally see the light. This was about 6 months ago and he has kept true to his word.

LadyTremaine07's picture

Yeah this is what my SO said until BM ran off with his kids for the umpteenth time. Exes are exes for a reason.

thefunmommy's picture

DH would like to punt BM off a cliff most days. He's talked numerous times about moving back to his home state halfway across the country. But he won't. He won't take the kids' mother away from them. That's the key, the kids. They need to see their mother, even if she is a lazy, half-assed, PITA parent. He will not put the kids in the middle of their disagreements, even though the kids are usually what they disagree about.She only wants to be a parent when she feels like it, but at least she DOES feel like it once in a while.
I doubt he'd have any problem with NEVER seeing her again, no way he considers the two of them have ANY kind of "bond"

Jonesie's picture

My DH used to say this when we first started dating. He changed his tune when he realized she was only playing nice in order to manipulate him. When she found out our relationship was serious she tested that "bond" and I'm happy to say he saw through the bullshit.

frustrated-mom's picture

I wish DH would say this about SD15's whore of a BM (they were not married, it was a drunken casual relationship when he was 18) since it would be so hilarious.

Forget a condom, get a lifetime bond to the world's most f'd up family.

Ginger012's picture

It's funny my husband has never said he has a bond with his X but I have, I've mentioned to him he'll always have that bond because they share kids together. When I first met him they text at least everyday or talked on the phone and I was just weirded out by it I said I think you two need to get back together. She likes controlling him and his money, when she was about to get remarried she got worse because he was with me and finally I had to make him choose keeping up with her or being with me and lucky for me or not lol he chose me. He started telling her if she had an emergency with the children she could call but everything else needed to be text or emailed to him and naturally she didnt like that. She'd tell the kids he never answered her calls etc She'll grab the kids phones to call him trying to trick him into taking her calls and he'll hang up on her now. She's slowly learning LOL She's just not use to not being able to control him and half the things she wants to discuss with him are not child related she just likes to have control.

liks's picture

Had the same shit go on here....due to the last time the ex bitch took us to court I asked my DH to fwd all the emails and txts to me so I can assist him with what to write back....

omg....I was a little bit upset with his 'chatts' he was having with her....no wonder the bitch felt she could call and write constantly....the small talk between the two really upset me and still does....

she was bagging him to their kids and admitting it and my DH wasnt going off his brain with her.....he was just allowing her to do it???

anyway I wrote back to DH, cc the ex bitch in ..... DH says he hasnt heard from her since....but I have to question that; im sorry