You are here

Very Sad DH abandoned me

Geema's picture

For those who have the psychotic BM to deal with and the SS just like her will understand this. DH loathes the BM because she is a selfish mean lazy lunatic. She takes so many pills everyday her speech is slurred and when her craziness gets her in trouble she will call everyone she knows and 911 and then "attempt" suicide. This has happened 3 times in the last year alone. She cheated on DH constantly and drove him into financial ruin with her spending. She's never worked a day in her life and collects welfare and her daddy bails this 45 year old woman out of trouble every time. She and DH have been divorced for almost a decade yet she still calls him all day to verbally abuse him because she has no one else to take her crap out on.

Now enter SS8 who uses his parents inneffective parenting to his advantage at every turn. BM is always sleeping and pretty much let's SS8 have free reign to do whatever as long as nobody hears about it - meaning DH. DH has "guilty daddy syndrome" and NEVER disciplines his child. Just like BM, SS8 treats DH like total garbage.

SS8 likes to act like an infant. He sucked a pacifier in the first grade. He likes to pretend he's helpless and commands his father around with phrases like "I want it NOW!". He of course thinks he's in charge and controls everyone with his constant head games and tantrums. He will stay out way after dark and we have to call the police to find him. He's stolen other little kids bikes and most recently someone's cell phone. He's flunking out of the second grade. He's recently discovered hypochondria is a great way to get sympathy too. He will be perfectly fine playing and then the next minute when he has to come inside he'll start SCREAMING he has a headache.

My DH was acting really selfish and inconsiderate a lot this past year to me who loves him. My health and happiness have been suffering a lot. Many of you told me to get out fast. But we had a brief reprieve from SS8 as a mediator set up structured visits so he couldn't just demand to go between households whenever he felt like it. Plus BM had a boyfriend with kids for awhile and he would spend some weekends with them. He also got nastier to DH who had tried to start setting rules for SS8. He would tell him he'd rather be with BMs boyfriend to try and hurt DH and break him back down into his guilty daddy will let you do and have anything you command mode. Things were getting better as DH was finally mellowing out because he didn't have the constant emotional abuse from SS8 and BM. He also was getting real love from me while SS8 was trying to hurt him to get his way. It was eye opening for him for a brief time.

But of course BM can't keep a boyfriend because she is so mean and nasty to people. So he left and she pulled her stunts and we were stuck with SS8 for a week. That's all it took to end things between DH and I. Everything reverted back to SS8 trying to wreck everyone's peace and happiness. That evil spawn is just like his BM who DH claims to loathe yet he encourages the behavior in SS8 that he despises. I can't handle it anymore. DH will drink heavily when SS8 is around because he is so miserable, yet he still allows that horrible kid be mean and manipulative to everyone. SS8 can't stand to let DH even say hello to me because he wants To be DHs whole world so he can control him completely. SS8 constantly screams for his dad to do this or that and whines and throws tantrums and cries until he gets his way. Sunday night they kept me up all night as SS8 couldn't stand that his father was trying to go to bed so he kept turning the hall light on and off and crying daddy so SS8 would go sleep with him. I had to work on Monday and I have a demanding job. I told DH this had to stop and he yelled at me and slammed our bedroom door into the wall.

So I told DH either start enforcing consequences when SS8 refuses to listen or move out. So he said I was kicking him out and left me pregnant with his baby. Because you see DH would rather be with a mini version of his terrible ex who treats him like dirt devoid of love and compassion than with me who loves him.

I told him this and told him he was acting just like BMs own father who he says is at the root of her problems. Lol but he can't see the similarities?! OK?! So he picked up their stuff and coldly walked out on me and still claims I kicked him out. Wow..... SS8 is back with BM and I don't know where DH is.

Geema's picture

The thing is I have epilepsy and being pregnant is making me very sick. If I miss work they will replace me. I don't make enough to support the family I have now and a new baby on my own. I also don't relish the thought of DH being with any child of mine alone with his messed up parenting style. DH deliberately got me pregnant on Valentine's Day. He knew I haven't been able to find a bc that I can take that doesn't effect me badly and that I didn't want any more children as I'm in my early 40s. I think he wanted to trap me and that didn't work out for him. Lol

Auteur's picture

Dear, you can DO IT!! I've actually stooped to living in my car with two kids at one point rather than be with my 2nd husband's abusive alcoholic tirades that were hurting everyone involved.

Now he's passed on; bad for my bioson who is now grown, but it was inevitable. My first husband is a loser with a PHD; lives in a one room apt, on "disability" and has filed thrice for bankruptcy.

Seriously, you can do this!! You'll be so much better off!!

duct_tape's picture

Lived in my car with five kids for three weeks. The best damn three weeks of our lives. Don't say you can't do it. You have no choice. You will be so much happier. It just doesn't seem like it now because it's still a shock. You will see.

Geema's picture

I have no intention of letting him back if it includes SS8. He said "Don't come crying to me." Whatever. I'm just depressed and going between missing the companionship and then relishing not having SS8 around. My bio son and I were homeless for awhile as my first ex husband was abusive and I got out. It never should have happened but there are dirty lawyers and judges out there. I'm not afraid of being alone as it's better than being made miserable by people you love. It still stings though that DH was so cold and callous yesterday. I am sticking to my guns though. He made the choice to hurt me.

duct_tape's picture

Cold and callous is just an attempt at manipulation. He knows exactly how you're feeling. A good cold and callous back to him is just the shock treatment he needs. Usually when men treat women like this, we break down and say things softly in hopes of them reciprocating. They usually play it out just a bit longer to ensure us that THEY are in control of things and not us. OMG I've been through this with my ex so many damn times. Please, stay strong and show no weakness.

Auteur's picture

And don't delude yourself into thinking he'll somehow ditch SS and all will be great. It's been almost four years of PAS out with GG's two older ones and almost 3 years for the youngest one. He's a bitter, nasty, man because HE didn't handle the situation correctly and is just lookng for someone else (ME) to blame. The same will happen to you if you ever even THINK about taking the pond scum back.

Geema's picture

Yes and DH knows it too. He thinks I will miscarry from the stress. Since he's never been affected by child support for his other two kids he isn't worried about that. He just wants to hurt me because his precious SS8 is all that matters to him.

liks's picture

I agree with termination.....I hate to suggest it but you have to ask yourself; 'is now the right time to be bringing a child into the world'?

Think of YOU.... How will you feel when you cant find enough money for basics like diapers, formula, power, food, etc etc

It doesnt just come down to money, but money causes stress, and if you cant provide all the basics its going to be so hard and tough on you both, and I havnt gone into the other issues of the looser father....

alternatives to termination is to have the baby adopted out...- I nearly did this once....glad I didnt cos I love my son, but termination I have done twice and have never regretted it....

the first time was to a man than beat me and i didnt want to have his child...I was very younge

second time was to my ex husband and after 3 children I was in the start of my final year of my degree, working, etc...and I hadnt long found out he had been cheating on me...my mind had been made up to divorce him anyway.... Imagine if I hadnt...wot a miserable life I could have had...no degree, no great work experience and broke for ever

I hope you can see your future and make the best decision....I really worry about you

Geema's picture

He's in construction and works extra a lot of times under the table. I would probably get nothing from him. Plus I couldn't have him warping a baby when I'm not around. Plus SS8 would hurt the baby no doubt in my mind about that. Plus SS8 was already caught fondling another little boy.

skylarksms's picture

Any way you can get proof of him working under the table? I'm sure the judge would NOT be pleased about attempts to hide income.

Geema's picture

But I still have the issue with any shared custody. DH says as long as he gets 50/50 custody he will not have to pay CS. The thought of him and SS8 alone with a helpless baby totally freaks me out.

skylarksms's picture

First off, a good lawyer may be able to get you primary custody. Especially since he abandoned you while you are pregnant with a high-risk pregnancy.

Secondly, even if you have 50/50, that does NOT mean that he automatically gets out of CS.

Third, I cannot see how a judge would grant 50/50 when he has a child that has already shown signs of being a sexual predator AND another child that he never sees.

ETA: get your butt to a lawyer TODAY. Most good ones will offer a free initial consultation.

Also, you cannot make him stay if he doesn't want to...

Geema's picture

You have some good points but any unsupervised visitation would be really bad. It scares me. DH was sleeping and showering with DH when I met him and SS was just shy of turning 7. I put a stop to this when they moved in but not without a lot of drama from SS8. SS8 threw a terrible fit and tried every number of things even claiming DH was abusing him when all else failed because he always got his way before. SS8 still tries to watch his father go to the bathroom EVERY time he goes in there but DH had been putting a stop to this too because I told him it was not ok. We had SS8 4 days a week and every time he came back he would try it all again with the same drama. He still tries to scream and get DH to wipe his butt every time too but DH stopped doing that too thanks to my intervention. SS8 would scream "DaDa get in here Now!". Then he'd whine and cry pathetically if that didn't work. It all started all over again this week and DH thinking he would get full custody because of BMs constant screw ups was in full coddling mode. SS8 was playing it up to the hilt trying to get his dad back under his thumb. I just can't take it and I don't want this for a baby of mine.

skylarksms's picture

You can be scared OR you can pull yourself up and start figuring out where you are going to go from here.

You can worry yourself into a miscarriage wondering about unsupervised visitations that may never occur.

Or you can find out what your rights are.

How many stories on here (including my own) are of BMs that don't follow the COed visitation? What happens? The bio-father has to take the BM to court to enforce visitation. The court slaps the BM on the wrist and says, "naughty, naughty, don't do that." Rinse, repeat. With the CS he has to pay, how will he find money to fight for a baby he doesn't even want?

I would NEVER advocate keeping a child away from their non-abusive parent, however, you are working yourself up by going over all these "what-ifs" when you SHOULD be PISSED

You are playing the victim here. You can only be a victim as long as you allow yourself to be. You are going to be a MOTHER. You need to put YOUR HEALTH and the BABY'S HEALTH FIRST.

duct_tape's picture

"You are playing the victim here. You can only be a victim as long as you allow yourself to be. You are going to be a MOTHER. You need to put YOUR HEALTH and the BABY'S HEALTH FIRST."

Yes, this is so true. Pull yourself up and enjoy the new opportunity in front of you. Quit looking back.

Geema's picture

I don't feel like a victim. I feel like a big pathetic fool for ever trusting a jerk. And now I have to pick up the pieces.

Geema's picture

I am pissed. I'm very pissed he is doing this to me and putting me in this predicament. I think I would definitely get primary custody but I would lose my job due to time lost for illness from the high risk pregnancy and end up on welfare because I couldn't afford daycare for an infant. I'm being honest and practical with myself. I'm already home sick today as it is. Stress effects the epilepsy. He deserves to rot in hell for trying to hurt me and this baby.

Geema's picture

I can't contrive any decent plan but I would love to figure out feasible solutions to have a healthy life.

duct_tape's picture

You don't need a plan right now. You're thinking and worrying several steps ahead of what you need to do. Write down what you need to do/consider/ponder right now, a week from now, a month etc. Then just do what you can do. You're gonna stress out and plan yourself right out of a plan.

skylarksms's picture

Call a lawyer and see if you can get a free consultation over the phone. You NEED to know going forward what your rights are and what may or may not happen in your situation.

I would check into FMLA because I believe that firing you for time loss due to illness is prohibited under federal law.

jadedprincess's picture

go apply for welfare then.... No one has problems with people who need the help its the ones that abuse the system that people dont like. you do whatever you have to do and deal with it. sorry if it sounds coarse and mean but it is what it is. It hurts being left alone but it hurts them more if you act like you dont care.

Jsmom's picture

Honestly you are better off. This situation will never get better. At least now, you can do the best thing for your child...

Auteur's picture

Ditto to the above two posters! Guilty daddy NEVER goes away. It's similar to an alcoholic or drug addict. They get a temporary "high" from spoiling their brat, which of course, wears off in two nanoseconds. And the downward spiral continues as the child grows more and more into the sociopath that he is being trained to become.

You are LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY that he ditched!!! I wish GG would ditch but I"m his meal ticket and he loves the house I bought for the "sake of the skids" with whom he has visions of going back to guilty daddy land with them. I am exiting this autumn.

OH and repeat after me: "NEVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAN WHO HAS A FIRST FAMILY"

It would better to live alone, with pets, as a single mom or with a gay dude than to EVER set foot inside of guilty daddy land again!

Geema's picture

Yes DH is telling people I was being mean to poor little SS8 and him. Lying to people so they will feel sorry for him and give him a place to crash. His own brother kicked SS and DH out after 3 months. Of course he leaves out the part where I'm pregnant and The rest of the truth.

bearcub25's picture

EXACTLY the way my skids were raised. I'm very sorry for you but your SS would have started hurting your baby and your baby would be in this cycle.

Good luck to you.

Geema's picture

Yes, DH also has a daughter who is 5 by a woman he was with a few years after his divorce from BM. They live in a different state and I love when she comes to visit as this child is so adorable and NORMAL. But DH does virtually nothing for her as her mom is remarried. he claims if he had more money he would fight to see her. But all he really cares about is SS8. It's crazy.

DaizyDuke's picture

probably why the 5 year old is "normal"... because DH has had the time with her that he has with SS to warp her. BM probably knows this just as well as you do and that is why she doesn't push for visitation/money.

duct_tape's picture

It's not crazy, it's very normal. That little girl is normal and sweet and was not raised by him at all. He had zero to do with it. He can't claim any glory. So, what's in it for him? What does he get out of it? His son however, screams and demands his attention and this guy is interpreting this as genuine need. This boy needs me. He ceases to exist without me. This makes him feel important. If he forces the demon to grow up, man up, or even act normal, that warm fuzzy feeling goes away. He probably can't even wrap his brain around the concept of a normal relationship dynamic.

Geema's picture

Omg that is so well said! Funny thing is he doesn't care if I needed him. That wouldn't make him feel like a man. Just his evil spawn who treats him so badly and then acts like an infant to regain that coddling mode from DH. DH eats it up. And I'm the bad guy for not playing along and letting SS8 be a jackass 24/7. I'm just soooo angry and hurt.

skylarksms's picture

Get a good lawyer and NAIL HIS ASS TO THE WALL.

Do you have proof that SS touched another kid? Use that for supervised visits only for your stbX. But, probably he will act towards yours like he acts towards the little girl and not have anything to do with the baby.

Geema's picture

I know who told on him and he is a credible neighbor kid plus DH confronted SS8 who didn't deny it but played it down like it was no big deal. Nothing this kid does is ever a big deal to DH like sitting on the floor of the schoolbus and refusing to sit in a seat and when asked why he's like "I don't know.". It is never ending crap like this and DH never does anything but reprimand SS8 and then coddle him when he starts to cry. He never follows through on anything with that kid. Poor little SS8 has such a rough life with all his piles of toys and game systems and expensive sport programs and no one ever telling him no. Hes special and needs to be babied because he doesn't get that from BM and comes from a broken home - well that's how DH justifies it. :sick: Why can't I just ignore the fact that SS8 acts like a jerk too? I mean of course SS8 wants to spend all his time with DH he misses him because we live right across the street and it's soooo far away and he has a cell phone and never calls DH except to whine for something else he wants. I'm just so unreasonable and mean to ask that I be allowed to sleep in my own house without SS8 throwing a fit all night.

skylarksms's picture

See if the neighbor kid's parents will sign something stating what happened according to their son.

You do not have time to mourn the loss of the asshole. You need to focus on getting as much PROOF as you can of what an ass this guy is.

Geema's picture

The kids mom might help as she is a really great single mom herself. I just hate putting people in the middle of others people's drama.