You are here

Venting -- Feedback is appreciated

rollercoasterirder's picture

Last month was the bipolar(not diagnosed) SS's HS graduation. SS moved to his mom's from our home in California to Florida 1-1/2 years ago. DH has had his kids since day one. SS18 was acting out so he sent him to his wonderful mom's. Up and downs,drama, she'd kick him out, he threaned to come back to California, thankfully he did not. He was supposed to return to go to college here, thank goodness he decided to stay in Florida with his lovely loser mom, doesn't work, only her boyfriend provides for them (which is scraps). DH had to travel for the graduation. Prio to the graduation, DH announced to loser BM that the two other SSs were not going this summer so went on a rampage and started world ward 7 with me because she thinks all of the decisions are mine. Anywyay DH decided to file a protective order to keep her from acting up at the graduation, etc. This woman has caused so much havoc with the boys and disrespects my husband left and I left and right. Well I saw a picture dear SS18 posted on his instagram of himself, DH and BM. It pissed me off no end, why go through all of trouble of doing a protective order, going to court, trying to teach this crazy woman a lesson only to take a picture with her because SS18 asked him to -- does this make any sense to you?

Jsmom's picture

You are not going to like my feedback...DH handled it great. If the kid wanted a pic with both his parents. Nothing wrong with that. It would have been if you were there and excluded. But you weren't there, so I see nothing wrong with that.

As for DH complaining about BM, that is what our husbands do. It sounds, like he was trying to do what was right for his son on his special day. Let this one go...

New second wife-step-mom's picture

IMO, if my child wanted a picture of me and the EX I would say no. I do not think it is appropriate.

Yes, we are both bio's parents but we are no longer married, nor a family unit. I am the parent, he is the parent but we parent separately we are not together.

If he wanted pictures of his parents why couldn't he have them taken with each parent separately?

IMO, too many kids request these sort of things because BM is still in the "happy family" mode or Skids are trying to cause problems.

rollercoasterirder's picture

I agree with you, plus I think the SS18 was trying to make a point -- I wouldn't even put it pass the fact that the BM put him up to up. I don't think DH handled it properly. At my daughter's graduation, same day as ss18's, her father was there, even though we get along, I took a picture with her, she took a picture with her dad separately, she also took a picture with him and his wife. While I get the Newsecondwife's opinion, this kid is not your avarage kid, his a shirt starter so the intentions of an 18 yo wanting to have both parents in the picture just doesn't add it, if he was 5 or 10, then I would understand.

PeanutandSons's picture

I see no problem with a kid wanting a picture with both parents at a milestone event. Just because you two aren't a family anymore, you are both still his family. That event was about him, and those are his parents. Not every single thing is a slight to the stepparent.

I have pictures from my wedding of me with my parents....I have no happy family delusions of them getting back together....I just wanted I pictures of me with my parents on my wedding day. We have a family picture at my sisters college graduation...all us kids with my mom and dad. She did t want them back together either but she wanted a picture of her whole family celebrating her accomplishment.

realitycheckmom's picture

FDH posed with both SDs and BM at the older SDs high school graduation. I can't believe he did it considering all the bad blood. The only thing I can think of is OSD asked.