You are here

Vent about s/kid's recent behavior

phoenix410's picture

First off, let me just mention as I have before, that I hate hate hate the s/kids. Just plain hate. And they are with us every damn moment of the day.

Some recent things I've put up with:

SD11 stealing my Nalgene bottle I use all the time, and leaving it under the seat in DH's truck.. I looked for it everywhere.

SS8 getting sent to his room the other day for flatly refusing to put dishes away (like, sat in the middle of the floor like a 2y.o. and refused to stand up)... I went into his room the next day - he and my son share a room - to find that SS8 had carved up the top of my son's bedside table with a sharp piece of metal. DH spent days refurbishing and resanding that side table for my son.

One of the demons emptied out a little game of my son's, spread the pieces all over the room, then took the empty box to use to send a gift to their whorish BM.

Found out from SD13 that SD11 and SS8 often 'mess' with my clothes when they're doing laundry. What this entails, I don't really want to know. But WTF?! They now have to do any and all laundry for the entire week.

Whenever my son is playing nicely by himself (which is really hard to get him to do), one of them just HAS to go over and start messing with him or trying to play with him, resulting in him freaking out because they're messing with his stuff, and then they yell at him to stop yelling. They just can't leave him the frick alone.

Found out yesterday that SS8 tried to steal money from someone's bag, and SD13 made him put it back. He has been caught stealing a lot lately.

This is all just in the last few days. Just re-thinking about all this has made my heart rate spike. I freaking hate these kids. HATE. I start counseling today because my body is literally falling apart from stress, and our marriage feels like it's hanging on by a thread.

Thanks for listening..

Orange County Ca's picture

There are no unwounded children in a divorce. And its a rare step parent.

In my opinion your hate is so deep the marriage is unsalvageable. Especially since they apparently live with you full time.

ctnmom's picture

No words of wisdom, I just really feel for you. CTBB (SS34) was a horrendous teenager, but oddly he was always good with my kids. They love hiom and he loves them. Your skids messing with your son is what would make me want to rip off thier heads and shit in the hole.ps- what's Nalgene?

giveitago's picture

This is in response to whether or not kids are damaged by divorce/separation, I have experienced the good, the bad and the downright UGLY with kids of divorce.

I divorced my ex H almost two decades ago and the kids grew up to be decent, law abiding, hard working people. I love all three and am very proud of them.
Once my kids were grown I met and married DH who also has three children. Elder SS is great, he has his moments but overall he is a great guy. Younger two, SS and SD are twins and quadruple the trouble! They are just like their mother, sociopaths! They were abused and abandoned by her at age 11, yep that sucks, and SD was abandoned again at age 13, SD thought the grass was greener and wanted to reconcile with her mother. Earlier I posted that I wished BM could be sent to a secure ward in a mental hospital...if wishes were horses eh?
Had those choices not been there for SKids to make I think they would have grown up with much better coping skills, rather than just run between the two houses. DH is too soft, Disney/guilty daddy, and he allowed them to make those moves. The revolving door is now CLOSED!

Jsmom's picture

You sound so frustrated. Therapy will help and school starting back up will help as well. Just disengage from these kids and leave the parenting to DH. That will help, if nothing helps, you may need to seriously reconsider this marriage...

phoenix410's picture

I am. I really am. I know they are hurting because their BM abandoned them twice, and then their parents got divorced, and then we moved away from their mom. I know they have a lot of reasons to be angry and hurt and I fully acknowledge that. And, even though I hate them, I am truly sorry they have had to go through those pains. But the way they act out, the things they do, their attitudes, their supreme selfishness.. none of it is okay. And no matter what we do, what we say, nothing changes.