You are here

Update: skids, lunch money, BM says I'm still stepping on her toes

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

Well as I said in my post yesterday, DH asked me to load the skids lunch accounts, they won't be eating peanut butter sandwiches.

This morning, ss8 told DH "daddy, a weird thing happened at mommy's house last week, the power went off in the whole neighborhood for a second, but then ours was the only one that didn't turn back on and it stayed off for two days but it came back on by Friday after school"

So maybe BM couldn't put money on the kids account because she used it for the light bill. Whatever, IDK.

Back to my update: just got a text and call from DH. BM called him and then text because he didn't answer. BM is irate because, BM went to see the kids and they told her she didn't have to worry about putting money on their accounts because I already took care of it.

BM sent DH a text that said "Thursdays needs to stay out of my business, I said I was going to put money on their accounts and I told you to tell her to stay out of my way but she's back in my business again, this needs to stop or I'll be going back to court to have her restrained from getting involved.

DH responded "I'm not sure how its a problem that the kids have money on their account regardless of who put the money there. If you have money to put on their account, you can just add that to the balance, the kids will have more money and can eat for more days".

BM responded, "it doesn't make sense that I would put money on their account if they already have money there and don't worry about the money I have or what I do with my money, that's none of your concern."

DH didn't respond

BM text again, "since you're refusing to discuss this, I'll just be taking you and her back to court. She's going to learn to stay out of my business or you're going to learn to control your woman or stop letting her be involved in things that don't concern her."

Someone took an extra dose of crazy this morning!!

sbm014's picture

Sounds like my BM -- after I showed up at open house with DH and SS after she put the no-communication order on me which simply means I can't speak to her not that I can't be around her she has me barred from the school from communicating on his behalf mind you he works nights offshore, and often has to go up to Canada so we have no clue what is going on with SS -- and on top of that I only request info or should I say additional info for stuff that is on the school website.

DH is supposed to talk to the principal when he picks SS up today as it is absurd I am simply asking for info anyone can see but BM sees it as me trying to play 'mom' which uhm I have to in my household.

sbm014's picture

I'm thinking about posting a topic on it but in the principals email to me it says "We have had MANY custody issues that have caused us to make sure that we are only communicating with custodial parents." Directly copied and pasted from the email - please tell me how me asking about events any nutcase can see on the website is me affecting a custody issue?

The only custody issue we have is BM trying to ensure we have SS more and more to try and interfere with our lives - mainly on HER weekends, and like today DH is picking SS up from school a day early because BM had already drilled it into SS's head daddy would get him so when we had him Friday night (her night) SS mentioned it and was so excited so DH agreed as he doesn't want to let SS down though it is completely wrong of her to not consult with us but just tell SS how it is going to happen and know we will follow through because DH doesn't want to hurt SS's feelings.

bearcub25's picture

Problem easily solved then. The Dad needs to put the money on the bill. He should just keep what she said to herself and tell her that he will handle the kids school stuff from now on instead of getting you upset.

I'm not even upset this time. She's being dumb, i actually think this behavior is funny today...

I agree, I don't think DH should have to change how we do things in our house just to make BM feel better, especially something as simple as who puts money on the kids lunch accounts. I do my best to stay out of things that might be considered BM business or BM "job", but in our house, this is DH call and this is the way things will stay.

It would be simple to just give in, but BM runs nothing in our home, she's not about to start now

hereiam's picture

People like her should be fined for taking people to court over such stupid crap.

If I was your DH, I would tell her, "Yes, please take me to court because my wife and I make sure the kids could eat lunch. We are terrrrrrrible. And, by the way, how often does your power get shut off?"

shenanigans's picture

Holy B*lls.....did not know our BM had a twin!

Keep putting money on their lunch account and have DH tell her that she will get a bill at the end of the year for all the lunches bought during her custody time. This what we do, and BM owes for three years of lunches, because according to BM, she only has to provide food if SD is in her house. (Yep, she said it and even put it writing)

As you remember, our BM's logic is that she only has to provide food, shelter, and clothing if SD is IN her house, so according to her unless SD is in her house, SD will be naked, not eat, and sleep in an open field. And that is BM logic at it's finest!

Does your DH ever really hope to collect on those lunches? BM in our case is 12 months behind on Support Payments. Yet another reason why I think she should shut her trap about how anything related to money in our house.

But since she's behind, I don't have a hope, a wish or a prayer that she would ever try to pay for the lunches.

shenanigans's picture

No, we know we will never get payment, but we bill her every year and send it certified. Most of the time, the certified letter gets returned, but once in while we get a letter stating her BM logic in writing about why she doesn't have to pay.

Our attorney says all of above info is gold to him and he cant wait to use it against her.

The worst part about this is that it's not my money that goes to pay for skids lunches. I have set up the account so that it bills DH directly as well as sends DH the notices when the accounts get low. DH COULD actually do this himself, but since I'm the one who pays all the other bills, we just included this along with water, electric and everything else.

BM is just off her rocker and has been since I met her.

JacksGal's picture

Don't forget to bring up the back child support while you're at court. Since she has so much extra money because you've been loading the accounts, she should be able to get you that back CS immediately. lol