You are here

update on drop off situation

MdMom's picture

Happy about the outcome, but upset cause BM has decided to change pick up time.... AGAIN!

So FH came home on his lunch to see SD before she had to go to BM's. Discussed with him my concerns about having to drop SD off. Fortunately he understood and called BM before he left, so I could hear the convo. She will be picking SD up, but she has changed the pick up time again! FH doesn't mind because he will be at work, it may just be me (I LOVE structure, and schedules).

Its not like I have plans with SD, we got our fun out before nap time, but I just hate that she thinks she can call the shots in my daily routines.

Is it normal to get upset when BM changes pick up time 3 times the day she is spose to get SD? Or am I just overreacting?

MdMom's picture

Lol, that's what I did, I called FH on his way back and told home to tell her that I had plans after 330 and she HAD to get SD between 3 and 330, or she would have to wait for us to get back.

After reading some posts on this site, i realized my kindness and willingness to hold my tung was working against me. Timefor my backbone to grow! And me to figure out how to use it. I'm also beginning to see that I don't want to raise SD and Bios to be everyone's doormat... Better now than later right? Lol

MdMom's picture

Thank you. = ) being in a blended family has really opened my eyes and has helped/forced me to grow one. Lol, but I'm glad I'm finally getting it! Only took 23 years. Lol

SMof2Girls's picture

Our BM gets a specific alternate time if she requests one with enough notice (usually 24 hours). If she calls/texts DH the day of a pick up to change times, she doesn't get it.

We don't care when she picks the skids up from day care because it doesn't directly impact us or our schedule. It usually sucks for the skids because they miss out on their field trips, but that's on her.

Set the boundaries and stick to them. It sounds like your DH is on board, so this situation should be easy enough to fix. Good luck!