You are here

UPDATE

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

I can't remember who, but someone asked for an update after SO final court appearance. Well, the court date has come and gone and we finally have an answer. SO keeps the kids, remains primary, but both were named JMC. BM ordered to pay CS + a portion of arrears each month until caught up. If you've read any of my older posts, you probably recall, SO has always been primary caregiver, was named primary for purpose of establishing residence and BM was given 1-3-5 weekends and ordered to pay CS, so this final ruling came as no surprise to us really.

Now, for the kicker...

BM's "boyfriend" testified. BM attorney asked, "what are your future plans for life with BM and the kids"...his response:

"well, I met BM in 2007, we started dating in 2008 and I proposed in December 2009 so we are going to continue with the happy home that we have built".

At this point, there is complete silence in the courtroom and the court reporter, judge, both attorney's and everyone in the courtroom does a double take. Although this may sound like a fairy tale to some, I should point out that BM walked out on SO and skids in January 2010, citing financial struggles.

Basically, BM left SO and skids to go be with her BF. And she wanted a judge to rule in her favor.

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

:jawdrop: Busted!!! Sorry but that made me laugh because he completely sold out BM on her leaving to be with boyfriend!!! I don't know the history and haven't read your other posts but Yay that she is stuck with the CS and you guys get primary!

Trust me, we ALL laughed so super hard. I am STILL laughing and will continue to laugh from now until forever.

I think the best part about this is that it wasn't a difficult question that just made the boyfriend slip up and say this and it wasn't a question asked by SO attorney that caught the boyfriend off guard. No, it was a simple question that at least for the purpose of the court hearing should have had a simple answer. Something like "I plan to continue my relationship with BM at this time". Instead, in his attempt to make BM come off as responsible, stable and more capable of caring for the children than SO, he boyfriend went and gave out WAY too much information.

sbm014's picture

Hahaha...Gotta love when the truth comes out.

It's like I met my DH at the end of the last divorce hearing as she had drug it out, they had the last mediation in which she was demanding back child support, though he had not only still paid household bills for like 3 months, but gave her a food allowance and stuff to help take care of SS and her eldest son since she wasn't working. DH's lawyer brought up that she changed the locks before she even recognized the first decree DH had presented, and when she asked about it she not only got the months he moved out wrong but admitted to changing the locks MONTHS before she claimed he moved out which is illegal unless there is a protective order - needless to say they refused any back support she requested which was more than just CS as "household bills were more than she could handle"

I think it's so annoying when BMs and BDs try to paint this picture of awesomeness as if the judge hasn't "heard it all before". I mean, BM told the judge that she wasn't able to pay CS because she spent all of her money on school supplies and school clothes/shoes for the kids last year and this year. When asked to produce receipts, BM couldn't. Said she gave the money to her mother to buy the things. When asked if she ever took the supplies to the school, BM said "I did, but the school said the kids already had supplies and they wouldn't take them". When asked about the clothes, BM said "when SO filed a TRO against me last year (he found out she was living in a motel and the kids were sleeping on the floor) the kids missed the chance to wear their clothes"...

seriously? so the school turned down school supplies for which you have no proof of purchase and since you couldn't see the kids for 2 weeks last year they couldn't wear the clothes for which you have no proof of purchase? And tell me again what this has to do with the CS that you haven't paid in 11 months?

sbm014's picture

Yep...it amazes me.

My BDad got a order to show proof of paying child support during his second divorce because his wife almost sure he wasn't paying it but didn't care until she found out she could get half the allotted amount on top of him having to pay all back support...when the judge called my mom it came out he had told my mom his clinic wasn't doing well (he was in the process of buying a vet clinic) yet my SMom had just got a brand new escalade paid for half in cash 2months prior to him filing for divorce.

At this time my mom just wanted to be done with all of it as I was about to turn 18 anyways, and we already had a written agreement regarding tuition through the lawyers for my college - so she signed waiving all back support and permanently suspending it...he got off so easy but its like at times I wish my mom would have been a b*tch about because though I mainly complain about BMs I know BDs can be just as bad...mind you he also did not follow through with the additional court ordered agreement for my college and says that its just proof that my mom and I feel entitled...