You are here

Transportation

Miss.Out.Of.Line's picture

Hello everyone. I need some help. DH and BM have 50/50 custody of their BD. In the state of MI it states whoever is exercising parenting time is responsible for transportation. Now, DH use to work in town and had a flexible schedule so he did most of the back and forth so he could see his child, otherwise we got the "she doesnt want to go" bit. She is 7 and they havent been together since she was 1-1/2.. Now DH works out of town and I provide transportation. BM and I do not communicate, at my request, because I am done with her psycho b.s. I made it clear unless she cannot get ahold of DH or there has been a change in pick up/ drop off for SD do not contact me. She is fine with that as she feels no obligation to co-parent with me and I kmow legally she doesnt have to. Ok. Now, DH asked BM to pick up SD 3 hours before the scheduled time on the days that SD goes back to BM. She refuses. She will not pick her up. What can we do? I know some will say just drop her off yourself. There are no words to explain this person and I am not going to begin to even try as I am sure most of you here deal with crazy ass bitches everyday. I will not drive clear across town to drop her off so her BM doesnt have to get out of bed. She is responsible for her part of the transportation, but she wants her the night before so she doesnt have to get up early. BM, not the SD. If she is refusing to pick her up and if she does not show up, what happens? Last time we had gma come until the scheduled time. Would I be in the wrong to have gma pick her up and take her home if BM doesnt show? I never had this issue with my BS and his BF. Your thoughts?

EvilWickedSM's picture

In all honesty, she shouldn't be the one being put out because DH wants the child to go back to the mother three hours prior to the scheduled time. Am I reading that right, that he wants BM to pick the child up three hours earlier?

step off already's picture

I agree. Your DH is the one requesting a modification to the agreement. It shouldn't be on BM to rearrange her schedule.

SMof2Girls's picture

If Dad wants to change the existing agreement, that's the approach that needs to be taken. You can't misplace the blame/anger on BM for following the custody order.