You are here

What happens if Bm doesn't show up for exchange or pick him up from our house?

msg1986's picture

Dh is finally getting his act together and getting a parenting plan in place (has an appt with an attorney Wednesday!). Mainly because Bm refuses to do ANY transportation. Right now Dh is wanting Bm to meet him half way. Currently she lives in another city and the drive is almost an hour each way. My question is, what happens if she doesn't show up on fridays? Does Dh just go pick Ss from her house anyway? What if she doesn't show up on Sundays when Dh takes him home? Does Dh bring him back to our house and then take him to school in the morning?? Have any of you been faced with this issue? Also, what if Dh agrees to picking up Ss from's house Sunday and then Bm having to get him from our house Sunday? Again, what if Bm doesn't show? Do we keep him and take him to school so she gets off with still not providing transportation??? Right now Dh has Ss every weekend and he wants to keep it that way in the parenting plan as far as I know. I know the attorney will probably answer these types of questions however I'm just trying to do a little research right now. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! Smile

simifan's picture

If your worried about this - why not have each parent pick up for their time? If she doesn't pick up, then keep him - of course it is still DH's responsibility to get him to school (if school age). Who moved? Usually the courts make the person who moved make up the difference.

msg1986's picture

Well Bm has moved a few times however she doesn't report her address to the court so in their eyes she's always lived with her mom. From what Dh tells me, when Bm took him to court for CS (she filed for welfare so they made her file for CS) that they were getting along (getting along to Dh complying to anything Bm demanded in fear she'd w/h Ss from him) so the judge told them to figure out a parenting plan and turn it in. Well they never did. So The address that were on record when everything was established was Bm's mom and Dh's old address. Since then we've bought a home which is like 10 minutes closer to Bm's city.

msg1986's picture

also, so does Dh just get stuck providing all transportation still if Bm doesn't show up? I mean I guess Dh could go back to court to ask for modification of Cs due to having Ss with us for an additional night but Dh isn't interested in getting more credit to lower CS, he just wants Bm to do her part.

Dizzy's picture

Def have parenting plan worded so that each parent picks up at the beginning of their own time. This is VERY common, and will help to alleviate the stress of exchanges. Then, if she doesn't pick up at your house when she's supposed to, you all go put to dinner or turn out all the lights and close the blinds and don't answer the door...oh, so much fun can be had. Lol...but really, this type of arrangement will put the BM enabling to an end as far as this little game.

Dizzy's picture

I didn't read the school issue...BUT, she would be in contempt of court and if she pulls that shit, go on and have your attorney file charges.