You are here

step daughter drama

g-nuh's picture

maybe this will just end up being a rant/vent session... but if there is any advice... PLEASE give it.

my sd6 always talks trash about her bm who lives in another state. (we have ft primary custody) but whenever sd talks to her bm, she always sounds super happy to hear from her and you can tell she simply does not feel about her mom the way she says she does. lately, we have overheard conversations with her mom, with her telling her lies about us. simple lies like, when she asks what she did today, shell say nothing but watch tv, when in reality we did arts and crafts, went to the park, went out to dinner, etc. today i asked sd why she talks badly about her mom when she obviously doesn't feel that way about her and what she says about me to her mom. i tricked her and said i was going to text her mom and ask what she has said and she flipped out... and whenever she flips out that way, you know she is in the wrong. she just keeps telling me im sorry and she doesnt remember exactly what she said. point of the story- she is obviously playing both sides. talking trash about her mom here (we NEVER bad mouth her mom btw) and talking trash about me to her mom.

i know im going to hear a whole lot of "its normal" and that may be... but it doesnt make it right.

there has been so much going on in my house lately, that i just want to cut my relationship with sd all together. i am so sick of her and her behavior, her disrespect, her running my house... all while her mom is living the life in another state.

youngmama1b1g's picture

A 6 yr old!!

I know all kids go through a stage where they lie to see what they get away with and sometimes because their imagination just gets carried away, but to that degree? Sit this girl down and have a talk about the hurt lies create. Hopefully, she'll understand the vicious cycle.