You are here

Spin off of is BM attractive-she looks nothing like me

southernbelle's picture

I'm both BM and SM, so I'm going to say yes, lol. Really, something that nags at me is this...I've known my DH for 19 years, long before he ever met BM (we went to school together). I don't think she's unattractive, though not my cup of tea. But she and every other girl he ever dated were brunettes! I'm one of only two blondes he ever dated, and the only natural blond. She's tall, and dark headed, dark eyed, skinny. I'm short, curvy, blond, green eyed. I sometimes feel uneasy that ALL the girls he dated EVER (and that's a lot!) were brunettes. I find it hard to believe that he is attracted to me, when I'm sooo different from all the others....does that make sense?

onehappygirl's picture

My DH never dated a blonde much less a very short-haired blonde. (I now have medium length dark brown hair). I'm also a foot shorter than he is -- not his type at all when it comes to looks. I don't know what happened, but he said he was always drawn to me and he thinks I'm beautiful. LOL! Love really is blind.

Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine!!!

Amazed's picture

I think it makes sense to be attracted to all different types of people. My husband is short,muscular,blondish silverish hair,has one blue eye and one green eye...my Ex is biracial(mom is white,dad is african american),he has black hair,dark brown eyes,he's tall and has no muscle tone at all.

VERY different men yet I was attracted to my ex at one point in my life :sick:
and I'm head over heels attracted to my husband Smile

My husband always said he loves blondes but all the women he has dated were dark haired women. My hair is naturally dark if I let it go without highlights,my eyes are very dark blue, and my skin is not pasty white like his ex.

Attraction is made up of so many different levels.

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Amazed's picture

My Dh is weird...he hates that both of his eyes aren't just blue. I love it though. Anything unique is good.

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Totalybogus's picture

My husband always dated blondes, but his x-wife was a brunette. He left her for a blonde.

I have always been attracted to dark haired men.

southernbelle's picture

I've been attracted to darker haired guys, but my "ideal" is generally blond and blue eyed, like my husband! I blame it on Bo Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard...
I could see be attracted to other looks, but ALL of them being brunettes is what tends to freak me out, lol

RustyHalo's picture

My FH always kinda "settled" in the past. He doesn't have a very positive image of himself. I have known him for over 20 years. We were always good friends. I knew his first wife who was killed by a drunk driver. She was a wonderful girl. Very sweet and caring, not what anyone would call pretty, but her beauty inside was what attracted everyone to her. His second wife was kind of a "rebound" girl. She's short, has no chin, has no personality, no warmth, she is definitely unattractive inside and out. I look NOTHING like either one. I have absolutely no jealousy in regards to the second wife's looks or personality. His first wife has a special place in our lives and our home. Some of her nic-nacs are here and I enjoy looking at them. We have tons of photo albums in our closet with pictures of her and my FH in them. I am actually in a lot of the photos, as we all hung out together all those years ago. We attended each other's weddings, parties, etc......
My FH is good looking. He has gained some weight and as he is very muscular, I still think he's the sexiest man I've ever been near. He has everything a girl could want. He can be a bad boy, but he is my biggest supporter and protector and I've never felt so loved in all my life.

**my stepdaughters did not grow in my tummy, they grew in my heart**

Pantera's picture

You being different from what he dated in the past is what excites him.

I am attracted to guys with dark hair and everyone I dated before DH had light hair.

Im sure your husband is attracted to you or he wouldn't have married you.

vgill's picture

I never thought I had a type either, I always thought they were supposed to be tall dark and hansome!! Mt Dh's ex is brunette and dark eyed and I am brunette and dark eyed although that is the extent of our similarities. she is short, ugly and hairy, and takes no pride in her appearance. I am very tall,5'9" and I take some pride in my appearance, I am no supermodel, but I am a woman and I look like one. Now my ex is blonde and blue eyed, and so is my Dh and that is wear their similarities end. My ex is short, skinny and takes no pride inhis appearance (pot head). My Dh is very tall 6'2"( I love that!!!) a very big and strong man (weighs about 250lbs)And he takes pride in how he looks dresses well and clean shaven.

The big difference is not how one looks but the personality of the one you love and how they treat you, that is shat makes someone beautiful!!! I know a woman who is very unnatractive(she would make an ugly man) but she is the kindest niceest woman who has always had a boyfriend and she is about to be married and to all that know her she is a beautiful woman!! It is what's on the inside that counts!!! din't worry about types!!!

frustratedmom's picture

My X has plain brown hair thats been shaved LOL!!! Blum 3 I've always been attracted to dark haired men, the darker, the better. My FH has almost black hair (spanish) when he was previously married the X had a dirty dishwater blonde (almost brown). She is short like me. I am 5'1 but still taller than her. I have very blonde hair, with green eyes. However I am a little heavier than her, and that does bother me a bit, so trying to lose, but I think he loves me for whats inside, I have a great personality with pretty much anyone, as far as for her she is opposite, a meanie LOL!