You are here

Sorta OT ....Melanie Ham

Kara55's picture

Melanie Ham was a wife, mother and creator par excellence. She had a YouTube channel where she shared her passion and knowledge about sewing and other crafts. She was immensely popular; a warm and natural teacher with a large internet following. She passed away in 2022 from a rare form of cancer. Her husband documented their family's journey in a film called Made With Melanie, which I recommend watching even if you aren't a crafter.... it's a beautiful testament of faith, family and love.

Anyhoo...I remember thinking that if Melanie's husband ever remarried, his new wife would likely face immense pressure. His first wife was beautiful, talented and loved by many people. On top of that, she continues to have an internet presence that will probably endure for many years. How on earth would anyone step into those shoes? Well it looks like someone has. I read this morning that Melanie's husband has remarried and formed a step family, with children from both sides.

So here's a new stepmom with a lot of challenges ahead of her. Not only does she face the usual step family issues; she also has to contend with a devoted BM fan base. I'm really hoping that this SM catches a break and will be able to have a loving marriage and strong relationships with SKs who (I'm assuming) were raised well. Not sure if I could take the pressure! I'm really rooting for her.

ImperfectlyPerfect's picture

Yes root for her - she's probably coming in with an idealized version like the rest of us. That as long as we are kind, patient and good to the SKIDs then everything will be ok. Unfortuantely I could see SKIDs using BM large public image to threaten stepmom into submission...let's hope everyone gives her a fighting chance. 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

I don't know anything about the situation other than what you just posted. That being said, I think he married too soon, especially since there are kids involved. That is only going to make it more difficult for the new wife - I hope she is strong enough to deal with what is coming.