You are here

Sorry if this sounds mean; but thank you for one night!!

hbell0428's picture

Sorry if this sound mean but I am so relieved to have one night without mood of SD13 - she is with us FT and NEVER goes to BM EVER - so dad asked if I would like to go b-day shopping for son9 and then go to dinner with our BK's. YEAH; one night of no fighting, yelling, screaming, talking rudely.....

I have tried so hard this week; the comments are just so rude and not needed;
To her saying to daddy "why is dinner so late all the time; I cannot wait this long to eat!" Well when you work till 5 unlike your BM - what do you expect!!
and when I do get it to her on time and tell her what it is; I get "REALLY - REALLY - I don't even like that!!"
(Mind you these are just examples; you get the point) some are too long and bad to place on here!!

I would not allow my kids to talk like this to me; but if I say something daddy will say I am rude or I am just being petty; it has been almost 11 Years of this; EVERYTHING bothers me now!!

I am just looking forward to a nice relaxing night; that thank you... Smile Smile
Don't you ever feel that way; a much needed, deserved break!!!
Have a wonderful evening....

caregiver1127's picture

Hbell0428 - you sound as if you need a weekend in a hotel away from everyone - with my company I get to go to a hotel sometimes on business - I was in Chicago in August and I did not leave my hotel room once my conference was done - it was heaven - no one yelling, Mom, Honey, Caregiver no one asking me to do something - is was bliss! Try to get away for a night just for you!! Praying for you sweetie!

hbell0428's picture

Oh yes that would be wonderful; I actually didn't get MY night; ended up in an argument about SD and she wasn't even there....oh lord go fig; there's always next time

caregiver1127's picture

Oh sweetie - I wish I could smack you DH for you - you need a night for yourself - just take it!!

Rags's picture

Yep, I need breaks and I take them when I need them. Business trips help but occasionally I tell my wife that I need a break and she sends me to hang with my friends or family. I do the same for her. I will buy her tickets to the land of the ILs and send her off for a long weekend of bonding. Occasionally I give her random flowers with a gift certificate to a day spaw for a half a day of wonton pampering.

Some times I will call her on my way home from the office and tell her to be ready to jump in the car with an overnight bag and that I will drop her off at her office in the AM and we have a nice evening at a decent hotel and leave the kid to fend for himself. There is nothing like a random evening of kid free hotel therapy to spice things up a bit and for couple bonding. }:)

Good for you and DH for taking a drama free evening with each other and your joint spawn.

Best regards,