You are here

so funny....MIL jealous of puppy

Cocoa's picture

my dh was a momma's boy when i first met him, but has seen the light (or lose me). so now, MIL diverts all her attentions to skids: spoiling, coddling, spending all her money on them (has no retirement - better not expect me to take care of her), and generally kisses bm's ass (has told bm our personal business at times). so, i do love my MIL, but i see her for what she is, so this tickles me:

my dh and i got a bassett hound puppy. my dh hasn't been close to a dog in years, but really liked MIL's dog, but he adores this puppy. he built a fence for the puppy, a ramp so it can get up and down the steps, etc... well, she keeps probing me, asking how dh and skids like the puppy and interacts with it, and does puppy sleep with skids. so i tell her they love it, but skids are kind of bored with it, seeing as they have 4 or 5 at home that totally destroys their house, and no, puppy does not sleep with skids because she is kenneled at night because we are housetraining, but dh loves it. MIL came over last weekend and dh was showing off tricks he's taught puppy and being affectionate to it. i commented on a few of the normal draw-backs and responsibilities of having a puppy and she asked if i was sorry i got it now. i said absolutely not! that's our baby!.

i could see the wheels churning in her head! so funny... yeah, my husband is committed to me and our family, the skids are not his entire universe, and you are simply his mother, not his wife anymore. priceless! all i got to say is she better be happy that we never had an actual child together.

Cocoa's picture

yeah, she has the role of his mother and not the wife role she and he tried to maintain after we were married. wow.