You are here

SIL: Unbelievable but True

gaviotas's picture

Just to vent, and share with you, epic moments with SIL
1) Sil is a single mom. She wanted to get pregnant and decided to have a baby at 48yo with a married guy (he did not want to be part of it or get divorced). They still have some encounters. The girl (their daughter is now 12 yo) knows him but does not know he is her father.

2) Sil has a friend and lawyer named Poli. Poli dated my DH when she was a teenager, but only for a few months. My DH after that married twice and had kids also with me. A few years ago my SIL gave her my DH´s cell phone number, and Poli invited my DH for a drink. I saw the message and DH saying : No , thank you.
Poli also is a kind of a stalker: she appeared several times:
* in a house where we went on holidays 5 years ago,
* at the hospital, where my youngest daughter was admitted,
and tried to seduce my DH at a party (a month ago) in front of me and the rest of the family.
Of course I know SIL is encouraging her and gives her the data to find him.
SIL also admitted me she told Poli to get pregnant soon, and call my DH for that. :O

3) She visited me at home when I was pregnant, and almost hospitalized -because of preeclampsia, to tell me she will not help us with anything or even the kids.

4) She is kind of "best friend" of BM (supports her, and when my DH says no to some demands of BM she says yes...) and tries to sabotage my marriage.

I never dreamt of having such a SIL.
The worst ever.
The most jealous I´ve ever met. :jawdrop:

queensway's picture

SIL is what I would call a toxic person. And because she is a family member it is hard to get rid of her in your life. Don't let her negativity rub off on you. Hold her to the standard she is, someone who doesn't deserves your time of day.

momjeans's picture

Ugh. So much crazy. I totally believe it.

My BIL’s Ex, my psuedo SIL, is a nutty POS too. She has my equally horrible MIL wrapped around her finger, so she’s basically still in our family. I ended-up ghosting the hell out of her last summer. I just couldn’t partake in the crazy anymore. I don’t speak to her, or allow myself to be in the same room as her.

gaviotas's picture

Toxic people!! OMG. Well done! We have to be ghost these horrible persons.
In my case MIL does not exist for us too...
She does not even invite or visit or call my kids (her grandkids). Awful person as well. So I prefer to be far away from her too..

Rags's picture

Banish her from your home and from any contact with your family. If your DH wants to interface with his sister he can do it 1:1 or in the electron universe but not in any proximity to you or the rest of your family.

DH will hopefully get on board .... or better yet... purge his toxic sister from his life.

Good luck and take care of you.

Acratopotes's picture

Disengage from SIL, stop telling her anything, stop being around her.....

if it so happens that you are at the same family function, Christmas would be the only one, I will treat her polite and not say allot about my life, she can ask as much as she wants to, talk about general things...

Never invite her over again... and by the sound of it, sounds like DH will support you with this

gaviotas's picture

Since the moment I disengaged from SIL she began to be best friends with BM.
I do almost exactly what you said, plus some birthdays (niece and MIL) .
She is not welcome at home.
Thank you for your comment!! I do appreciate it.