You are here

Scared of getting evicted because of my SS.

Monsterchick87's picture

My boyfriend's 23 year old son has been living with us for 6 months. My boyfriend brought him over even if I told him that I cannot have another person living in the apartment. It's part of the contract. My boyfriend insisted in bringing him and he spends some nights at his girlfriend's house. I asked my boyfriend many times when his son was leaving and he never gave me a move out date.

well today the landlord asked me if someone else was living with my boyfriend and I. I told him my boyfriend's son comes here often. He said he could not stay over to sleep or take showers. And if he did, that I would have to leave. so this is a GOOD reason for that lazy slob to get his own place. I hope my boyfriend is smart enough to understand that I could get in serious trouble for having his offspring stay over.

If he still wants to keep him here, what should my next move be? I will tell his son myself that I can't keep him here and longer. He had 6 months to find a place so it's not my problem if he can't be here anymore. I helped as much ad I could. Now if both of them are stubborn, how can I get out of this mess? The lease is under my name. 

Kes's picture

Everyone here has been telling you time and again in your last few posts to get rid of this snowflake freeloader - I don't know why he's still in your apartment.  Nor his useless father, for that matter. 

ESMOD's picture

At this point... you need to take the bull by the horns.  I would inform the son directly that your landlord has reiterated that he is no longer able to be in your home.. not to spend the night.. not to shower..etc.  He must stay elsewhere immediately.  If your BF takes offense.. tell him that he can go rent an apartment with his son.. period.  You are not losing YOUR home.. YOU are responsible to your landlord and will not breach the agreement one more day.. his son needs to be gone immediately.

ndc's picture

The skidult would have been out of my place the 2nd time he touched my waffles. Tell your SO AND his kid that the kid needs to be out by the end of the week, and if your SO doesn't like it, he can leave too and continue to provide his freeloader son with shelter in his own place.  Seriously, you're being taken advantage of and need to put your foot down.

Winterglow's picture

How do you do it? You tell the lazy bum to pack his bags and the the F outta here! No excuses! This time it's him or you - who are you most interested in taking care of? The idle waster has been sleeping in your living room for FAR too long! The landlord was giving you a gentle hint that he knew you were breaking the rules, next time it could be you out on the street and as you've been breaking the rules, he may not have to give you any notice... So what's it to be? Either he goes or you ALL get kicked out - seems fairly simple to me. And if your SOisn't happy, well tuff, he can go too.

DPW's picture

Now you're about to be homeless.... that should be enough reason for your SO and his son to be told to leave. I would give him by end of week. If SO needs to help him out, even if financial, then so be it. Just make sure your money is not encouraging SS to dwaddle. 

Monsterchick87's picture

Yesterday I had a talk with my BF and told him he had months to look for a place for his boy. And now he's usino the excuse of Covid19 for not getting his son out all this time. Is that really an excuse?

Yes, we were on lockdown, but the country has started to re open and he can still live somewhere else without getting exposed. He told me that he's leaving by Friday but if he still doesn't leave, then what should I do next? He's so over protective of this boy that he still doesn't get that the landlord and I don't want him at my house. He even wanted me to tell the landlord if he could stay for a few extra days. Jesus Christ! How can he be so blinded?

Kes's picture

What should you do next?  Next time the son is out, get the locks changed.  Preferably when he and his dad are out together. 

Winterglow's picture

Look, even if the country wasn't opening up, he is NOT your problem. For all you care, he can sleep under a bridge. It's his comfort or your home, for goodness sake!! 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Oh, it's an excuse. But a poor one. I know people who have bought/sold houses during the quarantine. Two families I know moved during the quarantine.

POOR excuse. Ridiculous. Insulting, even.

Winterglow's picture

Dup

notarelative's picture

This is clear cut. You have been warned by your landlord..Either SS leaves pronto or you will be evicted. 

If you end up evicted, and you might as SS is still there (landlord did not say let him stay until Friday), get a place by yourself and ditch the boyfriend.. Boyfriend is not interested in doing what is in your (and his) best interest. He is only interested in enabling his manchild.

Rags's picture

I would take it out of the BF's hands and just inform the landlord that BF's son is not welcome and ask the landlord to call the police.

Sometimes when these tools are available it is a good thing to use them.

And please, stop allowing your supposed life partner to facilitate the invasion of your life by his failed adult child. Re-key the locks, put them both on the curb and get on with your life with their collective shallow and polluted gene pool fading into your past.