You are here

Question????

LOSTTHEWILTOLIVE's picture

A question for all you step mums - do you ever get the feeling your SO is subconsciously trying to play you and his teenage daughter off against each other ??

Halo_Horns's picture

Yep! But it is with ss15. Every frickn weekend is a battle of the wills between me and sshit15. At times DH will step in, but I think he kinda feeds off of the fact that his wife and son are fighting for top position with him. Frickin sucks if you ask me!

B22S22's picture

My DH would do this, except it would be with SS's.

I think he did it to gain brownie points with them... "See, I'm standing up for you!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

helpmenotkillthem's picture

Oh yeah... If she is angry with me, then the kids can do whatever they want and are showered with extra affection. Im shunned. Its a game.

Trying Mama's picture

I think that my husband has made me the bad guy a few times. If I'm the bad guy, then he is the good guy Wink . I don't really care at all. It's never with anything serious and it's usually his ex that tried to make him the bad guy so i come in like a mop and soak up whatever hate she tried to sprinkle. The kids can't hate me. I'm too f*cking awesome lol.

LOSTTHEWILTOLIVE's picture

Oh my - i feel so much better for reading all your posts - just to explain, not better because your other halves do this to you all, but better because i thought i was going mad just thinking it.

Take my hat off to all you wonderful ladies Blum 3