You are here

Poll: Skids leaving tonight. Do I go to the airport?

instantfamily's picture

Skids have been total jerks to me for the last couple of weeks (more than usual because they always get this way before they go to birth moms). SD screamed at me all morning and told me she hates me. SS saw me ready to pick them up from school today, in the rain, made eye contact and ran back into the school only to exit from who knows where and walk home with his friends leaving me looking all over the school for him and his sister. They show zero respect. I don't feel like seeing them off. Should I suck it up in the hopes that later down the road they'll change and remember that I "was always there for them"? Or just say eff-it and stay home.

What do you all think?

Amazedstepmom's picture

I'd stay home, or go to celebrate that they are leaving. But it wouldnt be for some gushy fake goodbye. At some point kids need to learn you can only be an ass so long before people stop being te doormat.

instantfamily's picture

"doormat" I hate feeling like that! I am a tough lady but they still do treat me like a doormat and I don't know what to do to make that stop. Disengaging didn't work because DH became overwhelmed and couldn't hack it. I couldn't watch him go down like that as much as I wanted to!

instantfamily's picture

LOL! Never met the fat cow!!! She's too much of a coward/lazy bitch that she sends her brother or her aunt to get them! I think she's a bit afraid of me seeing as I have sent her some notices about how the children are to be treated and what is acceptable and not acceptable re: parenting vs. how she tries to "parent" in her limited time she spends with them.
She was in tears last year when I sent her an email re: sending SD6 'slutty' clothes for her birthday. She called my DH and said "I didn't mean to make her look trashy, but that's all they sell in stores for kids these days!". Ummmm, What? There are many inexpensive stores to purchase non-bedazzled clothing. 6 year olds do not need skin tight jeans with glitter hearts on the ass. Just my opinion...
And if BM WAS coming, I'd either stay home and avoid her or go to the airport and get arrested because I'd be screaming my lungs out at her about an inch away from her face.

instantfamily's picture

hehehe- I will definitely be doing the happy dance and having something similar to what you have in your profile pic!

twopines's picture

Nah, there's no need for you ALL to go to the airport. Airports are boring. As BLM said, what's the difference between saying goodbye there or at your front door? None.

instantfamily's picture

I don't know, for some reason DH and his fam have always had a thing for the airport. You're right- airports are boring. What IS the difference? The only thing I can think of is stepping up to DH's ex-BIL and ask him why his sister isn't picking up her own kids?

instantfamily's picture

Actually you are NOT too late! Both brats came to me and apologized in a big way. SD 6 was the best. I gave her a bunch of stuff to put away and she said, "but that was for you for mother's day". I told her that since she told me she hated me among other nasty things, why would I want that. She put it in her bag to GIVE TO HER BM! I was livid pissed. After cooling off, I went into her room and asked her why she'd made me the card and why I should keep it. She actually said: "because I know I get mad sometimes and I know I say things that I don't really mean; but I never, ever want to break your heart". I totally lost it and we hugged and promised to try and stop making each other feel bad. (totally not expecting that, but it was a nice moment).
I did go to the airport and I did ask BM's brother why he was there and BM wasn't- he said "these are the arrangements she made" and I was able to laugh in his face while both skids loved on me because they'd just made up. Can't wait for BM's brother to report that back to the fam!