You are here

Picture of SK in bedroom

MelAnn's picture

So 4 years ago when DH and I were dating he made a comment about drawings my kids put in my bedroom “we need to find a new place for these - mood killer seeing the kids artwork in the bedroom”.  Ok - I get it.  No big deal.  Fast forward 4 years.  Married and blended (mostly) now.   Today I was updating the kids school pictures in their frames on the mantle.  DH realizes SD has 3 pics while my 2 bio kids have 2 up - sweet of him to notice. So he takes one of hers down so it’s fair. Where does he put it?   On the shelf next to his side of the bed!   A 5x7 of my SD next to the bed.  Um - no thanks.  Removed it and put it on a shelf in her room.   Is this not weird?    Am I an ass?  Why does he think that’s ok yet thought it terrible for kinda artwork?  

Anon9876's picture

I don't hinkle you're an ass. I just think if he wants fair ground then he shouldn't have asked you to remove kids artwork just to put his daughters pic by the bed.

I think your DH meant no harm though. He seemed genuinely interested in not showing any favoritism to any of the kids.

Maybe no pics of kids directly beside the bed in the future. I would find it weird if I were having sex and all that's looking at me is a pic of one of the kids lol.

Notup4it's picture

I hope I’m not too out of line.... but I wouldn’t like it at all near our bed or in our room.  I would honestly be thinking about how he created SKID and it would gross me out, Lol. 

MelAnn's picture

Thank you all so much!   Appreciate your candid responses and that I’m not an ass.  No - I don’t like the thought of looking at SD while having sex.  So gross.  

tog redux's picture

Obviously, it's your call and if you are uncomfortable in your own bedroom, you have to let him know.

I don't personally see the big deal, I'm not sure it would bother me.

notasm3's picture

I'm not a "picture" person.  Probably because we were too poor when I was growing up to ever have a camera - much less to have enough money to have pics taken or to pay for film, developing and framing.  It just wasn't something that I grew up with.

SS and the GF gave DH a picture of themselves a few years ago.  I found it tucked under a seat in the car.  He never brought it in the house.  And that was before I banished them.  Not sure whatever happened to that picture but I promise that I did not toss it.  We no longer have that car.

I guess it was 2 years ago that they gave DH a picture of their child.  It's a horrible picture.  Not really a reflection on the baby (he was about 1), but it just isn't a good picture.  It's on DH's nightstand.  TBH it doesn't bother me at all.  DH recently brought home a picture of his grandmother in a frame.  No problem for me at all.

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

You’re comparing something he just did to something he said 4 years ago when you started dating. They have absolutely no connection.

If you have an issue with the kid's picture address it now but don’t dig up something so far gone he’s not even going to remember.

momjeans's picture

No, you’re not an ass. There’s no way DH and I would be doing the horizontal tango with a 5x7 of skid next to our bed. Ewww. 

FlyBoyJ's picture

OMG I can so relate. EVERY room in our house is filled with pictures of SD23 and SD19. My daughter, 12 has ONE picture from school on our mantle, and ONE where she is with the SDs. SD23 has probably 10 pictures adorning the walls, table tops and mantle and DW’s little darling, SD19 is in probably, no joke 25 pictures all over the house. DW is obsessed with this girl, and everywhere I look, there she is!  Bedroom, living room, dining room, hallways, etc etc.  It’s such a joke!  I even have said a few times, “don’t you think you go a little overboard with the pictures of her?” To which I just get venom.  

Frankly I feel as it’s living in the past (when DW was a happy little family woth her rich hubby and little kids that she coddled and doted on (and still does)) and keeps trying to convince me that they are MY kids so why wouldn’t I want their pictures all over. No, they aren’t my kids and I certainly don’t want SD19. Lol. I have one child, and she is relegated to two pictures!

CLove's picture

Dh tried a few times with Toxic Feral Eldest - put her framed kid photo on the bedside table on his side. I promptly put it somewhere else. 

I personally feel like kids photos dont belong somewhere that you have sex.

Just recently, after Toxic Feral went on a lie-filled rant, I took even those down. Dont want to see her face right now.

thinkthrice's picture

my house when he moved in.  I'm not a person for wall photos either.   I can  proudly say there's not one photo of the PASed out mini-Girhippos anywhere in my house other than in a non-descript box on the 2nd floor of the deattached garage.