You are here

O/T WHY are there posters like...

skylarksms's picture

...the ones who just post a remark that will make the OP feel negatively - either towards herself, her situation or the fact that she reached out for a little support on a stepparents' venting site?

If you aren't going to make a POSITIVE contribution to someone's posting or blog. Why contribute at all?

Now I understand that not everyone's opinion is the same. I realize that there will be disagreements among posters on this site as any site.

But we are all adults (I think). We know how to be tactful in our disagreements rather than aggressive.

What I don't understand is why a person would feel better solely from making another person - especially a person they have never (and probably WILL never) met - feel worse than before they came to this website?? What is their motivation?

skylarksms's picture

Hey Jenw! I have been mostly at a different website when I come online but come back here every now and again to see who the drama is centered around this time... Smile

im_trying_my_best's picture

oh idk girl, in my experience on this site though there is only ONE person like that, i havent ever read one encouraging post from her and we basically just all have to ignore her

Zoie's picture

I read what's been posted and if it's too nasty I just dont bother. I had one person attack me a little while ago on here and yes it made me mad at the time...but then I realized that this persons comment/opinion in no way has any bearing on my life...so I simply dismissed that sad little comment she made to me....

So that said...let's just say we are all awesome and have a great day... Smile Wink

confusedsm11's picture

I've only had a few negative comments on my posts but I must admit that the one made me really angry. and I was like upset until I re-read the post a little while later and realized that in the meanness there was a good point. A valuable lesson for me to learn. Even though at first glance, it seemed really harsh, after some consideration I realized she was right and it really helped to change my way of thinking.

z3girl's picture

I had one comment that was a little upsetting once, but I think it's because the person misinterpreted what I wrote to an extent. I think some people feel very strongly about some of the topics, and might not read what we write exactly the way we meant them to.

I don't understand why everyone can't be supportive and less judgemental, but it's always the chance we take when posting things publicly.

skylarksms's picture

Yeah, I understand. But it just gets to me. I rarely come here anymore because I got sick of the bitch-fest.

I felt like new posters who were looking for advice and support got ganged up on and ran out.

But it seems like every time I DO pop in, it is the same crap - over and over.

{and no, this is NOT one of those "You all suck and I am going to delete my account" posts)

skylarksms's picture

StepAside, yeah, I have been witness to some extreme nastiness that ended up with at least one person getting the boot.

I guess the ones I am thinking about haven't pushed it so far as to get the admin's attention!

stepmom2011's picture

I hear ya! Keep the good and leave the bad. My problem is that I cannot take a negative post well because by the end of the day, I am always in tears and on the verge of losing it ad absolutely CANNOT take anymore. This is why I don't post much, but am an avid lurker! I glean helpful ideas from others situations. I will be a safe friend here because I know what everyone is going through!