You are here

OT internet trolls

MissK03's picture

Would this make you mad? 

SDs Birthday was yesterday she's now 13. Over all it was a good day she was happy. I planned car parade for her with SOs family, some of her friends, and my family. Total of 10 cars. I told her to go outside because I wrote something in chalk in the driveway and wanted her to find it. When the leader saw us they started coming down the street. It was a solid two minutes of laughing at everyone throwing cards and gifts out the window. A lot of fun. She was surprised.

So, naturally I recorded the whole thing. I decided to post it on Facebook. First, I rarely post on there. I post few pics of SO and myself, the dogs once in a bull moon, and pics from our yearly vacation. Maybe 4-6 posts a year. So, I post the video, tag who was involved, and thank them for joining.

30 minutes goes by and SO gets a phone call from one of his brothers. Someone his sister in law knows(she was tagged in my video) called her and said she could hear the girl saying f u in the video and that it should be taken down if a teacher hears that.

The video itself is 1:30 long. At 1:06 SD jokingly says to me F U. She swears to be funny sometimes and I don't find anything wrong with it. She's 13 she doesn't go around swearing, doesn't swear at us etc.

This made me soooo mad!! Here is something showing support for kids birthdays, her family/friends showing love and some troll had to literally rain on the parade. Don't know who it was, they don't know us, but still had to throw their two cents in. All the comments I got in that 30 minutes were all positive. So I just deleted the post. Didn't feel like dealing with drama. It just really bothered me that some people have literally nothing better to do with their time. And so what if a "teacher" hears. Teenagers don't swear??? I'm confused. 

beebeel's picture

That person may be a busy-body, but not an "Internet troll." You didn't have to remove the post. Some Nosey Nancy isn't the boss of you. 

Maybe you removed it because you realized that some people will find a 13 year old telling any adult "F$@k You!" pretty gross. Joke or not...

MissK03's picture

I get what you guys are saying. You don't actually see her saying it either. So it could have been anyone really. It also wasn't said in a negative way. My whole thing was this person took that one second out of the whole video instead of the bigger picture. Family and friends being supportive of her birthday during these times. That's all. I called few of my friends and they didn't even pick up on it. 

still learning's picture

I have a mouthy teen and have worked in schools. Teachers hear this stuff all the time!  They don't encourage it but they do hear it and probably say a few choice words under their breath too.  Can almost guarantee that none of her teachers would care that she said that on her own time. It sounds like the person who was tagged is offended by the F bomb.  Just be careful what you put out there and who you tag.  Also, editing out a tiny clip of your video is easy.  You could edit and repost it as the Clean Version. 

Rags's picture

smh

If I was a teacher this crap would not fly in my classroom. I couldn't care less what the little shits do on their social media.

In my classroom I would role out my personal classroom rules on day one, and immediately boot any profane little shit out of my classroom if they spewed their profane crap and then fail them for the semester.  No doubt in short order I would be unemployed.  A kid being profane with a parent, any adult, and particularly a teacher or school staff would have been a paddle to the ass corporal punishment offense when I was in school.  It still should be IMHO.

Fortunately I don't have to tolerate other people's profane pelvic projectiles to earn a living.

Thumper's picture

I tend to agree.

Not a troll.

Do you really think it is funny to have sd13 year old say f you to YOU?

Its is gross. Trashy actually. But hey, that is my opinion.

Your family thinks differently.

JMO

advice.only2's picture

Lol I would have posted the song FU on my page as well, but I'm an a$$hole like that and don't bend to the will of bullies who think they can tell me what to do on MY social media.  Next time tell them to scroll on.