You are here

o/t am i stupid/ over-reactive nuts for being this bothered by this?

Loops1987's picture

me and dp's relationship has been full of problems, in the past hes lied, almost cheated etc. things have been good for a while but in november last year i discovered he had been recieving love letters so on so forth off a mutual friend who was coming to the house etc etc, both while we were 'on a break' and after it. She continued doing things up until april this year (when I moved back in) suggesting jobs for him that would involve them spending the weekend together.... etc.
It all (so i thought) stopped then, he without me asking deleted her off facebook, and he has told me they havent spoken since on a few occasions... aparently not.
Last night when I asked him he quickly changed that to say they had text once.... then it was once or twice. I was a bit miffed off about it, even more so when he told me he'd told her the reason hed deleted her is 'because it's easier that way' to me that gives her the impression i'd nagged him about it (which i hadnt) but I was secretly quite relieved that he had taken her off, it made me feel a lot more secure in our relationship that he wasnt gonna let anyone else interfere.
two things i need to make clear before you answer a) i do trust my dp, i just know how manipulating this woman was (aparently i was stalking her on a forum - she told my dp this so i left the forum completely even tho i wasnt), she was playing us off each other when i knew nothing about the letters, she also straight faced lied to me about the letters, and if she has to be around, ok I guess, its the fact hes hidden it from me i have major issues with. Dirol I'm a born worrier!
Loops.

LizzieA's picture

Ah, no. You say you trust him...hmmm. There was definitely at least an emotional affair going on. He needs to cut ALL contact with her permanently! Otherwise they are still playing games and she is in the wings waiting for your next "break." Listen to your gut. I always got screwed up because I too am a worrier--so I would doubt my gut. Even if he's not having "an affair" you can sense that he not totally into you or something is lacking. That is what happened to me with my previous relationships with selfish men.

Take some time to think about what you want from a relationship -- in general -- what will make you happy. Operate from a position of strength--you choose, you are the prize, rather than trying to please HIM. That is another mistake I made. Read Mama Gena. Men need to serve women, not the other way around. Get your groove on and kick his lying ass. You don't need that crap! Let him worry about losing YOU.