You are here

Oh boy.

Hereitgoesagain's picture

I’ve gone and done it. Lol. BM, DH, and I have been working at the same company for the last two months. We set her up with a job to help with moving to our city. Well yesterday BM quit so she could “be a stay at home mom”  I’m fairly certain she has a new job but with her... who knows. These last two months have been hell on my psyche. First four weeks wasn’t bad. But I made the fatal mistake of taking my SD to a concert and apparently that’s the worst sin I could have committed. BM is also convinced I have been “slandering” her to anyone and everyone. Well sweetie truth is I don’t tell people her back story because it embarrasses my DH so badly. 

So I can already feel the 2 ton elephant getting off my chest. But now I worry that now that her crazy is showing we are in dangerous waters. She is unstable, an ex meth head so the paranoia is strong in this one. She tried to go around the office and getting people to talk poorly about me. It did not work out in her favor. 

This isn’t so much for advice just a little story about a SM who is a glutton for punishment lol. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

I apologize for for the rambling and choppiness. I’m on my phone. 

Maxwell09's picture

The fact that your coworkers don't indulge in her gossiping about you is why she assumes you've slandered her. They really don't understand that some people have their own thoughts and don't enjoy hating the same people as them. I am glad you don't have to work with her though. I can imagine that is the hugest relief. I just ran into our local grocer and I absolutely hate it and that's just sharing a town with her. Seeing her at work everyday would keep me from getting out of bed in the mornings. I find that a BMs insecurity feeds their paranoia into overdrive. BM over here used to accuse us of talking bad about her to SS and alienating him. I remember DH just burst out laughing at her when she said it then told her "we don't talk about you at our house, like at all. He never asks about you, he never talks about you or your house and on the occasion we ask him how his weekend went he complains about your other kid." I think that hurt her more than she'll ever admit, probably even more than thinking we would talk bad about her. We haven't heard any of those accusations since.