You are here

Not a news follower but......

onebright1's picture

I just read about an adult kid that killed his dad (a teacher) in a classroom after killing the live in GF of his dad.
Betcha they find that BM pas'ed the kid and had a hand in the hate against dad and GF.

Disneyfan's picture

Or maybe the kid was just crazy.

Why blame mom or anyone else for what that nut did?

dodgegal05's picture

It was in my state actually, About 2.5 hours away from me. They didn't know a motive last I checked, but he drove from another state. I'd say its more than pas'ing at that point.

BSgoinon's picture

^^^^YEP YEP YEP YEP YEP YEP^^^
If I hear out of the mouth of my manipulative, greedy, lazy, self serving, lying, drug abusing, piece of shit of a Mother in Law ONE MORE TIME, that she is the way she is because of her upbringing- I am going to spit nails!

RedWingsFan's picture

OMG how horrific of a childhood you had!! I'm soooooooo heartbroken for you. I'm so glad you've chosen to take such a traumatic experience and turn your life into something good. It sure does help heal the hurt when you rescue defenseless animals though. I've done the same for years.

I only hope my daughter can do the same as you after having suffered emotional and verbal (no where near as violent of an upbringing as you, but damaging nonetheless) abuse from my ex.

How's the kitten's eye, by the way? Any better?

RedWingsFan's picture

Very true about the strength you gained from the trauma. I know my daughter is a very strong person. If anyone's read my very first blog here about our ATV accident, you'd know her strength and passion for life. I do see her taking bullshit off boyfriends who treat her like a doormat though, at the tender age of 14. I keep telling her and reminding her of how ex treated us and how it's NOT acceptable and we're worth more so she needs to keep that fresh in her mind. I just want her to grow up to be a strong and independent woman who can do for herself and never need a man to depend on.

I'm glad to hear the kitten is improving. Eye enucleation surgery is never fun (and would creep me out when I assisted on those!) and of course, you know how quickly infection can set in, so yes - the meds are of utmost importance. So glad you're so dedicated to this little one! You're a special person Smile

As far as why FH would agree and then back out because he "didn't really want to" - that's just selfish and uncaring of him. Are you truly "stuck" with them? I mean, I've been reading other people's posts lately about finally getting OUT of relationships and how happy they are and just wonder. I don't wonder for myself, since DH and I have a damn near perfect marriage (without SD), but for others here that aren't married or otherwise "stuck"...I'm not implying that you leave, just asking if he's worth staying for?

RedWingsFan's picture

Good deal. I would hate to think you feel "stuck" or like you have no options. Life is way too short to live miserably or only partially enjoyable. I felt stuck and stayed with ex for FAR too long and it cost me everything I've ever cared about, most importantly, custody of my daughter. I live with that poor choice now every single day.

Yeah, SD is certainly a piece of work. Her and BM deserve each other and I'm so glad I don't have to look at SD on a regular basis anymore. She truly is a wretched beast.

You know, my girl is quite mature and very articulate for her age. She's in AP english and writing classes her freshman year. I'm going to pick up that book and pass it on to her after I'm done with it. Sounds like a perfect eye opener for her! I'm so very proud of what she's already become, I just want to keep her on that path to independence and freedom so she never falls victim to a con man like I did.

I thought I'd already requested you as a friend a while back when we were talking about the kitten and doing rescue work, but I must've forgotten so I did it today!

onebright1's picture

I totally am not saying BMs fault, it is the grown mans fault who killed. What I am saying is I can imagine he heard from BM what our skids do and "saved" his mother.

OptimisticMe's picture

This is my fear! My SD13 has Reactive Attachment Disorder = absolutely NO empathy...and she hates me and blames me for her mom abandoning her. THIS is why she will NEVER sleep in my house EVER again!!!