You are here

For new peoples (like me!) ;)

needinginwardpeace's picture

So word up. I've winded down from my WTF-day. It was busy as usual and I'm having a GLASS of red! Woooo.

Anyways, I'm 'new-ish'. reading for EONs but still a bona fide 'member' for a few weeks (I think, haven't looked at my member 'status' lately!)

Wanted to talk to the new people that have come on here wondering 'WHY IS EVERYONE SO NEGATIVvvveeeE?'.

Most here are bitter about their situations and generally life doesn't SUCK as much when we/they post here and get it out. There are few stepparents here that LOOOVEEE everyone and think the BM is AMAZING and think their skids WALK ON WATER.

It's the opposite. So I'm sorry when you come here and wonder why everyone isn't blowing roses up everyone else's bum. It's because we're just bitter old biddies sometimes (more often than not).

I tend to enjoy the Realism of it all....

Thanks. Peace, Love & Skids

twopines's picture

Bitters and ginger ale or club soda soothes an upset stomach. I forgot what the original post was about. Something about being old.

StepDoormat's picture

I am a pleasant person in real life. I swear. I have a great sense of humor, and lots of friends. I come here to vent and say things I would NEVER say to DH or most of the people I know in real life. It makes me feel better and I am better able to function in real life after I get it all out. I usually mean what I say on here... but my filter in real-life works a little better.

There are plenty of puppy/unicorn/roses stepmom blogs out there. They make me feel like a loser and a horrible person. I'd rather come here where people say what I'm feeling. I feel more normal.

Starla's picture

I don't think I fully understand the original post as for what answers you wanted..but I enjoyed the reply's.

I'm a bit of everything for this matter! I'm happy in love, scared, bitter, eager of future happenings, & I guess trying to be the best wife/step mother I can be.

Welcome to the site & hope you not only learn from others but that you can give great advice that may be of help for others here. It don't matter whether you are new here or not nor does it matter that the others are new or not, it matters that we try to help one another & seek advice when we need help or we need to just vent.