You are here

Need your opinion on this one please...

Seasons's picture

Boy did I miss you all I was away for the weekend went to BF's families and celebrated Christmas. It is hard being away from my computer. I feel normal with you folks... Ok, I'll cut to the chase boy what a bunch of shit... I am so frustated first of all BF's BD12 and BS10 still wets the bed usually this is a every night deal. BD12 is pissed at me right now because it wasn't Thursday night that she pissed the bed it was Wednesday night well, I forgot what night it was on and I didn't realize that we had already put the other set of clean sheets on her bed... Hell, I can't keep up with who pee's in what bed because it happens just about every night. BD12 stayed in BF's sisters home this weekend and slept in her bed and pissed on her brand new mattress I continue to tell BF that she needs medication to help her with this but, I guess that both the BM and BD don't see the importance in this!!! I give I guess I will just continue to wash the soiled sheets no biggie right.... that is another reason that I am here besides to pick them up and drop them off... Ok here comes my second bitch of the night, sorry for the language I've just had it... The skids fight consitantly have you ever been around those parents that have like a disconnect volume from their ears to the brain well guess what my BF happens to have this desease and it drives me nuts it is a 4 hour drive from his parents home and the skids will just pick and fight all the way home well, BS10 has ADD and BF forgot to get all of his medication so he was hyper all day long and of course BD12 she feeds into BS10 getting into any trouble at any cost so that way she will always look like a princess... Now, third and last we get to the future MIL's home and guess what is the first thing that I see on the coffee table picture's of the skids sent courtesy of the BM... She happened to send them the same day that we went down.... Boy isn't that convienent... Don't you all get sick and tired of hearing about the ex and oh how is your mom and oh give these pictures to her from us blah blah!!! I just want to stand up and scream HELLO, HOW CAN YOU EVEN ASSOCIATE WITH THIS PERSON THAT HAS TAKEN YOUR SON TO COURT FOR MORE MONEY, HELLO DID WE FORGET ABOUT THE LOW LIFE LOOSER THAT SHE PAINTS YOUR SON OUT TO BE!!! Sorry I am not yelling at you I just want to tell them how I feel but, I smile and say oh boy that's great.... Oh and yes she even sent pics of her other children from her first marriage... Yea, she has 2 other children with her first she left his ass on Thanksgiving day about 14yrs ago... Cleaned the whole house out and left him a note that was it... I really don't care why she did it I just can't stand her, and I think her BD12 is just like her.... All the way home I was calculating ok 18yrs how much longer ok, well let's take into consideration college so that is an additional 4yrs, I can do this I can get through it.... Sorry just needed to vent....

Anne 8102's picture

For around five bucks, you can get a plastic fitted mattress cover to put beneath the sheets on the beds. It doesn't solve the problem of the bedwetting, but it does solve the problem of the mattress-ruining. If traveling or staying at someone else's house, take a spare one to use there. I used them when both my kids were potty-training and they are lifesavers.

My BS9 likes to help out with laundry and, with some supervision, I let him wash clothes. There is absolutely no reason why children this age cannot be responsible for cleaning up their own pee messes. They need to strip the bed, then they need to wash the sheets, put them in the dryer, clean the mattress, re-make the bed, etc. No way would I touch it.

My SD15 wet the bed at our house when she was 11 and I totally freaked. We hadn't had them for a visit in several months, because their mother wouldn't let them come, and I was totally floored that a kid this age was still wetting the bed. It was a new development, too, because she'd never done it before, but according to her sister, it had been happening a lot. She has ADHD and is on all sorts of meds for that, so who knows? It could've been the meds or it could've been something else. It never happened again, so I don't know.

~ Anne ~

"Adjust on the fly, or you're going to cry."
Steve Doocy, The Mr. and Mrs. Happy Handbook

sparky's picture

The best way to stop the bed wetting is no drinks after 5 or 6 and stand over them and make sure they go to the bathroom before bed.
I would get a mattress cover and see if they have pullups or depends in their size. Eventually they will get the message either through training or humilitation. They aren't having accidents this is a habit for them if they do it all the time.

Seasons's picture

Thanks for the advise we do have their mattresses covered at our home. And we try to monitor drinking BF says nothing after 7:00 as well as make sure they use the restroom before bed... I think BF has ADHD because he is just across the board. When we were at the future MIL's she just smiled and hugged me she is so glad that I am going to marry her son... She said she knows he needs a good woman in his life to help keep him directed... He is a great man he is well just a man that needs a good woman... I hope that I can live up to this whole thing.... I think I can especially with the support here...

Mary Louise's picture

ss6 still wets the bed, even with medication. The medication isn't guaranteed to work 100%. He was actually bedwetting less when he wasn't on the medication. I think it made him regress more because BM told him it would keep him from peeing the bed and it hasn't. Luckily he's still small enough that pull ups and a plastic sheet working for us. There is a family history of bedwetting so I am guessing he'll grow out of it. Not sure what we will do if he's too big for pull ups...ugh. hadn't thought of that yet.

LVmyBOXERS's picture

wet the bed almost every night. I made him strip the sheets himself. We had the mattress cover. I know this is terrible, but I got to the point where I would not even put sheets on his bed anymore bc he did it so often. he would just sleep under a cover and on the plastic sheet. I do not think he does it anymore. He has not done it here lately, at least I do not think he has. He is almost 12 and I'll tell you know that I would be livid if he did it at this age. i would totally do the lastic sheet again and make him wear adult depends.

NaturallyMom's picture

Is she wetting the bed because she is stressed out or is it a medical condition?
Some kids wet the bed (especially older kids) because something is happening in their life that they feel they can't talk about so it manifests itself in their sleep and bedwetting is one of the symptoms. That and sleep walking are really common.

This website is pretty general but it might help you get to the root of the problem.
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/disorders/bedwetting.shtml

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Catch22's picture

My Bio Son wet the bed until he was 12. He had abandonment issues with his dad, he seen him for 3 years then he dissappeared and when he did come bac and BS started going there he had issues with their family. All of which I didn't know about until later as he said nothing. His SM used to use him as a babysitter for her 2 small ones and when they did something wrong, he got the blame for letting them do it. This was too much responsibility for him coming from an only child home and mind you, he was too young for these sorts of responsibilities anyway...he was 9 through 12 while this happened.

When he turned 12 he got to choose when he went to his dads and he chose not to go, within 1 month of ceasing visits the bed wetting stopped. I am a good loving mother, my child is not spoiled, we saw many doctors for this and it embarrassed BS to no end, he didn't go to sleep overs because he was scared he would do it. We stopped all drinks after 5pm and I even woke him at midnight and took him to the toilet. The drink and going to the toilet are not the issue the bedwetting is the symptom for a bigger problem, together we would change and wash his sheets and that never worked either. I just loved him and rode through it, they do not deserve punishment but understanding, once my son stopped going where he didn't want to be and was old enough to talk to me about it, it all stopped as quick as it started.

Catch xx
*Mean People Suck*

Sita Tara's picture

My SD (13 today) wet the bed every night until about 3 months ago. She had decided on her own to stop taking her Advair for asthma, because she was doing better. I wasn't pleased but we discussed it with her Pediatrician at her last visit and she said it was ok to try to go without. But if she got worse again to start it back up. I had just started to notice that SD didn't need to wash her sheets as often(I firmly believe in letting them take care of it themselves- SD has been since age 9). She had literally gone from soaking the bed every night to almost once a week or less.

Then she got a cold again, and her breathing got worse so I told her she should go back on Advair. After a few days back on it she began wetting nightly again. I haven't found any studies linking advair to bedwetting, but sometimes the science is in your own home. When SD stopped it again, the bedwetting stopped again. Well, it still happens but now it's down to once or twice a month. I never mentioned my theory to her b/c if she needs Advair again I want to be able to have her take it. Of course if she thinks it makes her wet the bed she'll understandably refuse.

Just thought I would add that to the discussion. Sometimes we don't know what kids meds are doing to them if the drug co didn't list a symptom because the population in the study is more prone to it (bedwetting in children for example) as it is.

I would just teach them how to change the sheets, and have them put them in the tub if they aren't old enough to do laundry unsupervised. It's a tough one to get through. I was very frustrated myself throughout, but only corrected SD about it if she got lazy about washing her bedding.

On a side note- SD confessed to GAL in front of me (it was the first time I heard it myself) that BM refused to wash SD's sheets or allow SD to wash them herself as punishment for wetting. She just made her continue to sleep on the pee soaked sheets. She also told SD she would sleep in the bath tub or garage if it kept up. Those were some of the things that won us custody in the end.

Peace, love, and red wine

PH's picture

I was wondering if SD is on any other medication. My son uses Advair and Singulair. Thanks.

Sita Tara's picture

Flonase, which SD has decided not to take either and whatever over the counter med BM shoves into her. Usually it's benedryl, advil, and claritin. Here she's not really using anything, though she gets rebound headaches from the advil BM has her take daily,(although it could be the Claritin after reading the side effects.) She asks for Advil a lot but we give it sparingly. BM gives drugs out like candy. There's not much we can do, as SD is 13 and old enough to know better, but immature enough to not care. BM also gives her cappuccinos from the gas station for breakfast, and like I said has two shedding dander filled dogs at her place.

Peace, love, and red wine