You are here

need advice! she is lying to the court

asheeha's picture

We are in litigation to revise both child support and visitation. We received BM documentation and she claims that she is paying her mom to watch SD10 and SD8 $125 a week.

We have no receipts just her word.

She works part time 3 days a week while the kids are in school. When DH and BM were married her mom would watch them when they were toddlers for free. And just extra info, her mom lives next door to her.

Has anybody else ever had this happen to them? What proof will she need to provide that this is legitimate? Also, she has an 18 month old son that is not my DH.

Please help, we don't see our lawyer until Thursday and this is driving me crazy.

liks's picture

Hmmmm.....seems excessive for a mother to charge her daughter such an amount....I cant advise but, see if you can check other baby sitters in the area and see what they charge?

Incidently my DH was giving money to his ex (bm) for babysitting...and the babysitter was the bm's leso girlfriend....AGAIN...no receipts etc....but everyweek he would hand the slag the money out of the goodness of his heart......

I was gob smacked to say the least....some of these BM's have a real cheek....

branmuffin97's picture

She works while the kids are in school...why does she need a sitter? Regardless of amount, why is one even needed?

asheeha's picture

exactly! she's not the brightest cookie in the cookie jar. I don't know her exact schedule. I know at one time she worked nights and the skids would sleep at her moms. But now she works days. At most her mom watches them, because of work 2 hours a day Mon-Wed.

aggravated1's picture

She needs to produce receipts, and also I would report the mom to the IRS. Working under the table for that much money is a no-no. Ask for BM to produce her mom's tax records. That might shut her up.

B22S22's picture

I was thinking the same thing.... 1) receipts, and 2) proof that sitter/BM's mom FILED TAXES on that income.

asheeha's picture

I like the idea of reporting her to the IRS. I don't know about requesting the mom's taxes, she may just say that they started paying this year and taxes aren't due yet. Will we then go back to court in April to see if she filed?

skylarksms's picture

I have no advice just wanted to tell you of our situation.

I had a feeling that PB was going to give my DH problems with his Easter visitation one year. She hadn't yet received the new insurance information and must have thought that DH wasn't giving it to her to be a pain or something. I told him to record the conversation. He did....and got PB saying that if he didn't bring the insurance information to get the skids, she wouldn't ALLOW him to have his Easter visitation.

Who KNOWS what she told the skids when he never came to get them. She is a PASinator BM.

When she took DH to court the next time, our lawyer brought up the denial of Easter visitation. ON THE STAND....TO THE JUDGE....PB says, "He didn't come to GET them for his scheduled visitation."

OMG, I thought "WE GOT THE BITCH!" BUT for some reason, our lawyer chose to NOT bring up the damn tape we had at that time! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :?

asheeha's picture

maybe the lawyer didn't think it'd be worth it. We have a lot of recorded conversations. The lawyer said they rarely get submitted as court proof though. She lied about a lot of stuff on that document and tried to make DH look terrible. We have proof to clear our name with most of it but I wonder if the lawyer will even try.

I'm mostly worried about her "child care" expenses as that will have the most impact. Her other lies seem petty and although they really bothered DH because it attacked his character and said he's not a good dad who doesn't take care of his kids, there is zero proof of her words. Just a bitter stupid woman. The Bible, says a foolish woman tears apart her family with her own hands, she is the epitome of this.

We will see what happens.

asheeha's picture

YOU ARE GREAT! THANK YOU!! I love reading your posts, they are always fair, balanced, and INFORMATIVE!

aggravated1's picture

She would have to file a return on $125.00 a week,unless she only did it here and there, in which case it should not affect child support.

I have a feeling the BM will try to say it was for every week-so that is 6500.00 a year.

asheeha's picture

Yeah, I researched that a bit more and realized this. thanks! And yes, she's planning to say she does this EVERY week.