You are here

when does the standard visitation end and summer begin?

asheeha's picture
Forums: 

we live in Oklahoma. just fyi.

dh and bm always fight about this every time it switches.

bm says that the standard eow visitation ends on the last day of school but dh says that it ends when summer visitation begins.

last day of school is may 17 and summer visitation begins june 1.

just curious how others interpret this.

step off already's picture

Well, Who's the custodial parent? Who has the kids full time?

Then from that, the EOWE parent can choose to or not to exercise his EOWE visit once school is out and you can begin summer visitation on June 1.

Without knowing what the standard schedule is, it's hard to interpret what you've provided, but I've found that these things are often highly subjective.

step off already's picture

And there is no reason why EOWE would end when school is out - unless noted in the court order.

The way you've written it, I would assume that EOWEs continue until the summer/ June 1 visitation schedule begins.

asheeha's picture

this is how dh sees it.

we may end up having to pay our lawyer $80 to send her's a letter!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

I used to live in OK. Is this when the CP becomes the NCP and the NCP becomes the CP in summer? If so, I would say that the day kids get out of school starts summer visitation. THe problems is, is that OK lets out sooo dang early. I hated that!

asheeha's picture

no, the custody never changes. and yes! it does end very early in OK it starts very early too! often our summer visitation runs into the first week of school!

asheeha's picture

BM is the custodial parent.

DH has every other weekend. He will have the kids May 17-19 according to that schedule. But school lets out May 17. From BM's past I'm pretty sure she will through a fit if he gets them school at the very least.

He also gets them every Thursday on the "off" weekend from school-8pm. If he happens to get them on his "off" weekend because of a Holiday BM interprets this as though it is no longer an "off" weekend and so his Thursday visitation is no longer available.

Does this clarify at all?

No. If custody never changes, and EOWE stays the same, then who gives a rip if it is summer time or not???

asheeha's picture

A women who uses her children to punish her ex that's who!

In Oklahoma EOWE visitation stops in the summer unless it is specifically stated in the CO that it continue. I just have no idea when the EOWE visitation actually begins and ends.

Every other weekend visits stop? I lived there for years and never heard anything like that. Wow. I'd take that back to court and get a clarification/modification.

asheeha's picture

We did go back to court spent over $10,000. They had originally been keeping the EOWE during the summer, DH asked to go EOWeek during the summer. CS went up $450/month and only Summer Visitation was given and EOWE was not placed in the new order, so essentially it was taken away.

DH will just deal with the bitchfest that will ensue on the last day of school. Hopefully, she doesn't file a contempt order but if she does then we will know.

asheeha's picture

i'm thinking that's the way it is here. i just went ahead and called the lawyer. she has to call me back.

SMof2Girls's picture

Our summer visitation starts one week after school lets out and ends one week before school resumes. BM is the CP during the school year; DH is during the summer. It's clearly written in their custody agreement like that.

I'm not sure I really understand your arrangement enough to provide any type of specific input.

Disneyfan's picture

DF has his girls from 5pm June 28 until 5pm July 30.

EOWE visit end the last weekend before June 28 and resume after Labor Day.