You are here

My ears are bleeding

ocs's picture

"Daaaaddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! We get to hang out Saturday! Make sure you make
plans for us daaaaadddddddddyyyyy! It's OUR special day! I did so good on my test!" screeches SD15. He says, "Yes, we will do something fun." and she then looks at me with a faint smile/smirk. I ignored the whole situation...

Ummmmm.... You failed math and finally passed it in summer school.

Oh and NO ONE sees the master manipulator at work except me... and you guys... Smile

All he sees is his kid wanting to spend time with him.

ocs's picture

Oooops and meant to ask, would this make you feel a little left out? I feel it a bit, but at the same time, i wouldn't have joined them anyway.

Stormyweather's picture

The joys of being disengaged means you honestly dont give a stuff...if it were me, I would be smiling and saying how WONDERFUL it is that SD15 wants to hang out with her dad....not many teenagers her age think its cool to hang out with their rents (parents)....so fantastic,.....and try and get them to make it a weekly thing.....

The fact that you openly supports their relationship, takes the shine off of SD15 doing it to piss you off ad will get bored with it soon. }:) }:) }:)

twoviewpoints's picture

He's treating her to a 'special' day for the honor of him having to pay for summer school to pass the class she should of passed during the school year. Them Daddies, their just full of all kinds of wonderment aren't they :?

Meh, cool. You're rid of both of them for the day. Plan something fun and/or relaxing for yourself or you and a friend and enjoy yourself. Under the conditions of this 'special' honor for SD I wouldn't feel left out. I'd be damn glad I wasn't expected to go and participate and privately do the happy dance you get the day free of her.

oneoffour's picture

Stormy has the best idea. Encourage it. Tell SD she is so lucky to have a DADDDEEE who loves her so much he wants to spend all his time with her. How lucky DH is to have such a wonderful daughter who loves spending time with her DADDDDDEEE instead of with her friends. DH is so lucky and SD is blessed to have such a loving father.

Then ...plan thing for yourself while they are away on their incestuous love-fest.
Those SPESCUAL Princess Butterfly love fests will tire DH in time. There is only so many times DH can go to the mall without handing in his Man Badge.

Overit1960's picture

Exactly! Took 17 years for my DH to find them, I would not take this route again if I Had any clue the heartache awaiting me with a SD. Thought we would be different, we would be a happy family. Joke was on me.

Overit1960's picture

You are far too nice. You need to nip that bs in the bud now --it only gets worse. Perhaps you should have said, SD are you smiling at me? Why the funny face, sweetie pie? And what her squirm her nasty mean butt out of that right in front of daddy. Would be quite comical.

notarelative's picture

Dad said they will do something fun. Using the computer is fun. Perhaps Dad can spend the day showing her how to use Khan academy so that next year she won't have to go to summer school.

WTF...REALLY's picture

His parenting style is how our society gets more useless women who end up on welfare one day. Tell DH thanks from all of us tax payers.

ocs's picture

LOL! Love you Sally!

Had I not had a full plate Saturday, I may have totally done this. I can almost guarantee they will go to the mall, so Daddddyyyyy can pull out the credit card for pwincess. We have a big birthday that night and I have hair and nails, etc... Smile

There was a few years ago she pulled this shit, then it stopped and now I see it coming back. There is motive behind her spending more time with this side of the family, and it's bc no one gives her rules. With BM she has 2 other infant siblings so has to pitch in. With her Dadddddddyyyyyyy or grandparents, they wait on her hand and foot.

MIL made a production of calling her a genius yesterday because she got a great grade on her final. Has everyone forgotten she FAILED THE YEAR? In Canada we have a system in high school that starts to stream kids as early as gr 9, they are already directed at trades/college or university. She was in the university stream, but because of the fail has been put in the lower academic stream. Now she will have to bust ass in gr 10 to get back in university stream.

I am so much happier when I don't show up for dinner. I should give my head a shake when I try to make DH happy and go.