You are here

Medical Records - Quick Question

ataloss's picture

DH emailed BM two weeks ago asking for SS medical records. He has never had any info (he asks but no response). He asked for all physicians, dentist, therapist, ect that SS had ever seen.BM first emailed back asking specifically why he needed this info (they have joint custody). He responded back that he wanted the info for his records. He finally got an email back with SS current doctor and his past pediatrician. Now, we know for a fact SS has seen at least one therapist in the past and other pediatricians. Has anyone else had problems receiving this type of info and how do you finally get it?

Thanks!

sparky's picture

Its easy to get the records if you are the parent. Contact the provider, sign the form, pay the bill, and get the records.

ataloss's picture

I agree that all DH has to do is sign the proper forms, but the problem is BM won't let us know everywhere SS has been. BM takes SS places and pays cash so DH doesn't get EOBs from the insurance. The main thing DH was looking for was records from the counselors BM had taken SS to, but doesn't have names Sad

losingmymind's picture

Did you get the complete record from the pediatricians office? We had letters in that record form the therapists communicating to the pediatricians office.

If not then he can file a motion with the courts I believe for the release of records from the mom for her lack of cooperation. It would be a motion for contempt on the grounds that it has been requested and not responded to.

smurfy1smile's picture

I would check for referrals in the medical records and then go from there. I would also check the area for counselors that deal with kids and the issue SS went to see a counselor for. If you have to, sign a release for all of them and, hopefully, at least one with be the right one and you will get the information.

LuckyME's picture

Depending on what state you're in you can go to Court and have her ordered to give you the information if you share legal custody. Then if she doesn't comply she can be held in contempt. Blum 3