You are here

Lies and Repercussions

CLove's picture

We see this all the time. And its all about kids needing repercussions for their actions - which is hard to do under normal circumstances, but now, its doubly hard.

Munchkin SD almost 14 has online classwork to complete every week - the new normal for us all right? Since Toxic Troll BM has not set up her wifi even though she pays for internet, DH purchased and set up a hotspot for her phone when she is at Toxic Troll BMs. Its only about 10 or so dollars.

DH on Friday recieves a phone call from the school saying Munchkin has not done any of her school work and told him also that she hasnt logged in ALL WEEK LONG.

I see her data usage that reflects her video gaming, shes facetiming all her friends...

WELL, DH called Munchkin after assuring the school that she will do her work that evening (Friday evening), and point blank asked her if she has logged in and done her school work.

She said she logged in.

LIE.

So, DH in a very firm voice states that the school had in fact informed him that she did not in fact log in at all, nor is any of her weekly school work done.

He told her that she needs to get it done that very evening and if the school tells him she has not completed her work then she will lose her phone.

My big concern is the lying. She was not punished for lying and not doing her work. She was at Toxic Trolls all week last week and will be there all week this week (mothers day weekend and bday for the Troll).

Im super dissappointed in her, her sister Feral Forger is a supreme liar, as is Toxic Troll.

I know that I cannot enforce any punishments, but is it appropriate to have punishments a. While at Toxic Troll BM's or b. when she arrives at our house for visitiation? She doesnt have any regular chores, and doesnt do anything to help clean the house. She cleans rabbit cages and picks up dog poop once a week for her phone.

Rags's picture

Upon occassion there are video clips of parents making their kids stand on street corners with signs clearly anouncing that the kid is liar, has bad grades, is a theif, etc, etc, etc.....

Time for some soul wrenching consequences for this kid. First, take her phone. Then flood her Twitter, FB, etc, etc, etc... with the facts of her school performance.  Then, keep the phone and update all of her accounts periodically with her performance status.

My guess is...she will find a way to get her work done.