You are here

Let the laughter begin..."Mom sold her ring for $10....." says SD9.

shenanigans's picture

BM has had 6 relationships since last Jan, one of those relationships lead to short lived engagement of 2 months and a ring.

Today on the way home SD9 tells me the following while talking about her week with BM:

"Shenanigans, mom sold her engagement ring for $10.00"

"SD9, I am sorry, I laughed, but.."

"It's ok, Shenanigans, I kinda laughed too. The first place we went to told her it was fake and offered her $2.00 for it. He said someone probably paid $75.00 to $100.00 for it."

Laughed so hard when trying to tell DH after SD9 went to bed, I thought I was going to have a stroke before I got it spit out!

Dear BM: That is what you get for trolling for dudes on the internet!

shenanigans's picture

It was difficult, I was laughing so hard, DH could not tell if I was laughing or crying! He kept saying, what is wrong and I couldn't answer. Definitely a classic moment!

sbm014's picture

This reminds me of DH telling me if BM pawned her ring she could never make as much as he did. I guess she convinced him to get a ring even though because of his job safety they discourage wearing them. He went to the pawn shop bought one, and sold it for a $20 profit at the same pawn shop after he moved out. We know BM pawned a lot of stuff and unsure if her ring was eventually pawned (She wore it on her right hand for a while) and from DH tells me it was Sterling Silver with a fake rock, and she begged for nicer stuff but he couldn't see buying her anything nicer because of all of the issues. However I have 4 rings of varying quality and show-offyness that I chose from.