You are here

The lengths DH's sister will go in even the smallest things

Disillusioned's picture

Further to my other post, gotta just laugh at how far DH's sister will go to prove that SHE is in charge of her family get together's and I the (unwanted) guest has no say in anything

So everyone is making their way to the dinner table and SGS who is seated there says "Grandma Disillusioned you sit here beside me" sooooooo cute but anyway out of nowhere DH's sister comes flying over and says NO, that is where DH sits.

Like seriously?

DH's sister always places me beside FIL and across from DH. She places SGS beside Dh, and herself down where SSIL and DH's daughter are (so they can all exclude me, not that I want to be part of the discussions anyway LOL)

Anyway, little SGS wanted me to sit beside him as he usually does these days and I just couldn't believe that in a family that makes it a point to indulge every whim of this child, she certainly made it abundantly clear to him, and everyone else, that that wasn't happening

Dh actually told me to switch, so I could sit by SGS, but I'm not in to the drama that would cause

I shut my mouth and sat where I was 'placed'

Disillusioned's picture

Yes dtzyblnd you are right of course....I so wish, and wonder, why my DH lets his sister of all people pull this. I sort of get why he allows his daughters and ex (all the guilty disney dad living in fear of his kids walking out of his life crap) but his sister? Yes, never got that

And the shocker is she bad-mouths DH behind his back, puts him down in front of his daughters, me, FIL. She sides with his ex-wife (although she didn't like her or treat her well when DH and his ex were still together) DH is fully aware that she does all this, and yet he just won't stand up to her

I seriously don't get that one either :?

Disillusioned's picture

You got me catlettuce.....I sort of get it from his daughters and ex, but his sister? I'm lost on that one too!