You are here

if you're not first you're last.

Notmine's picture

I'm so tired of always being the last person thought about. The way our Co is divides Christmas in half so we switch at noon. Which i think is a way to ruin Christmas pretty much instantly, but to make matters worse mine and dh families are 7 hours away. So i spend xmas alone (dh usually doesn't get holidays off) waiting to exchange. I have asked to have this changed to something more travel friendly.Btw we are custodial. But he doesn't want to do something that will upset bm or the judge.

On another note bm threw the biggest fit last weekend because we dared to ask her to move the time a half hour for pick up that day and that was just terrible and her lawyer told her we can't do that without giving her a good reason then she gets to approve or deny it. Right after this she tells us she wants to start having over nights on the weekends which is specifically not allowed in the co. Dh goes well i guess it would be easier, i said uh no she doesn't get to throw a fit about a half hour and then get her request the next. I told him to say sorry talked to our lawyer and he told us after last weekend not to stray from the co. Dh doesn't want to because that might upset her then she could take him back to court. Aghhh.

hereiam's picture

So, that's how he's going to live his life? Afraid of BM? I hope he's ready to kneel down before her until CS is done.

derb84123's picture

been there. He is custodial. He needs to learn that. If she is going to be like this, then yes you need to stay strictly to the court order. You give her an inch, she will take a mile. DH is custodial, and he spends so much time making sure he doesn't break the court order- yet bm does left and right... drives me nuts. In the end- yes he is right. We shouldn't violate the court order.... but it is annoying. I feel your pain.

On the Christmas thing- we switch at 11am, rotating each year who has them when. Ridiculous. try adding in that our bm doesnt celebrate holidays. what?! yeah. fun times.

My advice... keep encouraging DH to stand his ground. It sounds like his court order may be fairly new, I know taht for DH over time he has gotten better. try to find something on christmas that you can do- spend the day with your family and let him deal with BM. Is that possible?

Notmine's picture

He works the holidays and my family is 7 hours away, so I'm not sure who would do the drop offs then Sad I want to just go to my family but then I don't get to spend any part of xmas with my husband.

The court order is extremely new, and so are his man parts hahha. They take a long time to grow back I'm finding

derb84123's picture

been there. He is custodial. He needs to learn that. If she is going to be like this, then yes you need to stay strictly to the court order. You give her an inch, she will take a mile. DH is custodial, and he spends so much time making sure he doesn't break the court order- yet bm does left and right... drives me nuts. In the end- yes he is right. We shouldn't violate the court order.... but it is annoying. I feel your pain.

On the Christmas thing- we switch at 11am, rotating each year who has them when. Ridiculous. try adding in that our bm doesnt celebrate holidays. what?! yeah. fun times.

My advice... keep encouraging DH to stand his ground. It sounds like his court order may be fairly new, I know taht for DH over time he has gotten better. try to find something on christmas that you can do- spend the day with your family and let him deal with BM. Is that possible?

Notmine's picture

I've asked for this to happen, since I know court is expensive. I was thinking splitting the holiday break in half changing on the 26th. But DH wants to wait until after this holiday to do anything. Next year though I will be 7 hours away celebrating if he doesn't get his butt into gear.

Notmine's picture

Thank you! Sounds like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel? I am pretty good at being a butt kicker, but my skills have started to slide trying to be a "good stepmom" and "good Wife" ugh.

whatwasithinkin's picture

I have the noon issue to its the standard schedule here in my state. Noon switch and then another switch at 6pm Christmas day. MY ex moved 45 minutes away. My family comes in from another part of the state around 3 for dinner at my home then someone will have to leave to go pick my girls up after they visit their dad which is a 20 minute trip both ways. he gets thanksgiving and christmas day on odd years. it should be one parent has one holiday the other the other holiday so the kids can see both sides of the family. it sucks

it esp sucks since we do gifts christmas eve when I dont have them christmas day because they're 14 years old and hate getting up in the morning. most days on their days off they sleep til noon...