You are here

I know and believe my SS18 is gay/bisexual...but that's not the problem.

fedupnow's picture

Based on many incidents I strongly believe my SS18 is gay. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM if he is and if he decides to admit it, I will support him. My husband is homophobic and refuses to believe that his own son could be. My problem is my SS has a male 'friend' who 'sleeps over' often and sleeps in the same room and same bed. I am uncomfortable with this knowing they could be having sex right under my own roof. We have a rule to both my SD13 and SS18 there will be no girlfriends/boyfriends sleepovers when the time comes they each have one. I believe this is his 'lover' but yet my husband is allowing him to sleepover. I've thought about asking my SS about his sexuality. How long should we allow him to let other young males sleepover? He is 18 years old now and I think its getting kind of old.

melis070179's picture

I would flat out tell him there is no more sleepovers, he is too old. Which he is, regardless of sexual orientation. I would definitely speak to your husband about this though, because if your SS ever wants to come out, he may not if his dad is a homophobe. At this age, he may not be ready to come out. My BIL came out a couple years after HS.

"I child proofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!"

life84's picture

If you have a good relationship with you SS, I would ask him out right. I'd tell him that I wouldn't tell DH because of his views towards it, but if he says yes, then I'd tell him that it would be best if his friend didn't spend the night any more. And make sure he knows the rule isn't just for him but for every unmarried person living in the household.