You are here

Husband's exwife asking for part of support early

Penguin75's picture

My husband was asked by his ex-wife if she could have $50 of the support money early....its only the 12th of the month. He is not due to pay her till January 1st. She has been asking for it early a lot lately. I know my husband said she is bad with money, but that is her problem, right?

He went ahead and paid her the entire support for January early. He said that he has to pay her anyway so he doesn't mind getting it out of the way. I am just irritated that he is doing her a favor. She is rude to him and is a control freak. I don't think it would bother me if she was nice. Should I not worry about it?? Ladies, am I being wrong in feeling this way?? I just need to vent...cuz I cannot express my irritation with him cuz it causes arguments. Anyone else have this same issue? Thanks in advance everyone! Smile

B22S22's picture

I have a LOT of random thoughts going on in my head about this:

She's "bad" with money -- that's not your problem.

If this was a "real paycheck" her employer certainly wouldn't advance her any cash.

I hope you have good documentation of paying it early, just so it doesn't come back to bite you on January 2nd.

If it was me, I'd feel that I'd have every right to ask why she wants an advance on the CS... is it something for the kids? Is it because they're out of groceries, need an electric bill paid? Or what? (not that you'd probably get a straight-up answer)

I certainly hope DH paying two months' worth of CS in TWO WEEKS isn't going to put you guys in a financial bind (oh, now THAT would piss me off).

Newstep's picture

If they had a good relationship and it was for a true need I wouldn't have a problem with it. My ex has helped me out in the past. Once my car died and I didn't have the money to fix it and the warranty had just run out right at Christmas. He lent me the money no problem and I paid him back. But if she treats him badly like the BM in our case I don't think I would be so willing to be helpful.

Penguin75's picture

He documents everything. So that part I am not concerned about. I will try not to worry about it...it is coming out of his money anyways. He is one of those people who pays off stuff early, he does that with all his bills. Just not sure why he feels inclined to do her a favor. Oh, well. I married a man with baby's mama drama...its not easy at times but, it is what it is. Thanks ladies for the comments...have a fabulous day!! Smile

spunkiedolittle's picture

seriously?? you guys are documenting it so she CAN'T claim unpaid next month......................so idk, i'm :? how is this an issue?

yeah, he's doing her a "favor" but he's also doing HIMSELF a favor, this will prove he's responsible and she's not..........soooo, no, seriously i don't see what the big deal is

Disneyfan's picture

He isn't over paying; he's just giving her the money early.
Since he gave her the CS for December and January in December, he doesn't have to pay again until February.

We do this with most of our bills. Instead of paying monthly, we pay quarterly.

I would love for DF to able to pay CS once a year instead of weekly. BM is awful with money. She'd be broke by mid February.