You are here

How hard can it be?

mannin's picture

This is what my friend said to me last night.

I figured you all might need a good laugh.

My friend, who is going through a divorce right now, has started dating a guy with three girls (ages 5, 7, & 9). I am honest and candid about being a stepparent when people ask. My friend asked me what I thought about her getting serious with guy who is "soooo adorable" with kids.

I told her she should run. She has two girls herself (ages 4 & Dirol that she can barely handle. We talked about the BM of these three girls, her having all five of the girls by herself, and possible stepparent issues.

Her response to being a stepmom was, "How hard can it be?"

Yeah...

Dizzy's picture

I think that's what happens to most of us.

"It'll never happen to me. They'll all love me, because I'm a good person who is loving and wants the best for everyone!"

Onefootout's picture

Ha ha ha ha! You hit the nail on the head, OP, when a man is just "adorable" with his kids, that is the biggest red flag. What I liked about my SO was that he wasn't adorable with his son. He actually seemed to be kind of strict, which I loved. Turned out he wasn't as strict as he lead me to believe, but still, he's not one of those guys that tries to compete with BM and play father of the year. I would run from a guy like that. He's not interested in dating, he's interested in a free nanny to help him win the father of the year contest without having to do the actual work.

Sorry, way too cynical here. Sounds like she's already smitten and it's all over for her. Oh well.

Disneyfan's picture

She might get lucky. I have 3 SDs16, 9&6 and 2BMs (one is great the other is bananas.

I don't have any problems with the girls. The only one who causes problems is the Nutty Buddy BM. She just has to hop on the crazy train from time to time.