You are here

Holidays

Thomas2016's picture

my sd is with her father over the holidays and i wanted to take my wife and son on holiday during that time as this is the only time that i am able to get off from work. SD wil go on holiday with her father but my wife wants to change the parenting schedule so that sd can be with us on holiday, i am not liking this very much, am i being ridiculous about not wanting sd with us on holiday? its just a few days and i was hoping that myself, my wife and son could use the time bond because when sd is around then myself and our son don't get much attention from my wife

Acratopotes's picture

This is a bad situation, it's your son and not DW's son...... or is it an hours kid?

See if DW is not the boys BM she has no obligation to bond with the kid, just like you have no obligation to bond with SD.

I would simply tell DW - no change to the parenting schedule, bio father has as much right to holiday with his daughter as you, this is his time. Enjoy your alone time, I'm taking my son on a small holiday and you are not invited (this is only if the boy is not DW's bio child) You can say to DW - this holiday is for your son but she's welcome to tag along.

If it's an ours baby, then simply tell DW - no SD is going to her father you need to spend some quality time with your son.

Acratopotes's picture

HeaveLike - crash course in Africa....

4 school holidays a year, we do not have the summer holiday break for 3 months. Our 3 months is divided into 4 different breaks.

Currently there's no actual school holiday for Saffers, school started 10th of October till 9th of December for last term. But it seems like this kid is not going to school yet, thus his Dad gets leave from work and can take his kid....

I still want to know if it's the ladies child or not