You are here

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

chesapeakegurl's picture

My husband is in a custody fight with his ex.....to make a very long crazy story short..well that is not really possible but I will try...
The last time we were in court they appointed a lawyer that is suppossed to be impartial to talk to everyone and tell the court their opinion about custody. That lawyer talked to the kids and decided that unless she is appointed as a best interest lawyer for the kids that she will not talk to us. We have been waiting 6 weeks for this woman to call us and were told that she would be coming to our home and interviewing everyone. I thought this was a good idea because there would be less pressure. My husband is not a great talker especially under pressure.

Also the BM alleges that my daughter told my SD11 that I abuse my husband and that is a big part of their accusations. No one from the systen has EVER asked to speak to my daughter who says she never said anything of the sort to her stepsister. I have never abused anyone- BM has hated me since she found out about my existence because she can no longer control my husband. My husband is by no means abused...he is happier than ever before and it just pisses BM off.
She has been on a vendetta to break us up but I think she figured out she cannot so she is trying to take his children. BM denied visitation from my husband for four months because she says my husband abandoned his 13 yo daughter when he dropped her off at her Mom's home early one day. She had told my daughter she wasn't loved, wasn't important, and was not really family because she was just "married in". He told her to apologize and she refused so he took her back to her mother.

BM has also tried to put a protective order against my husband for sending emails asking about when and where he could see his kids. The PFA was dropped when she found out she would lose custody if she pursued it and continued to deny visitation. We got visitation back because we filed for emergency custody when she did this.
BM has also screamed at us at public events- I have 215 pictures of her and her hubby acting like loons- she called 911 because I would not stop taking her picture after she screamed at me and drug our my stepson away from me like an animal. Her husband screamed at me and shoved me. All this was because my husband and I had taken him to the playground on the field without getting her "permission". My DH has joint custody and it would have been his weekend for visitation. BM could see us so we felt that we did not need to get her "permission".

The police told BM and her hubby I had not committed any crimes and this was really petty but that did not stop them! They went on their own to the court house the next week and filed criminal charges against me for harrassment and assault. I am now facing criminal charges and I have never been in trouble in my entire life and I am in my 40's and in a profession where if you are convicted of abuse or a felony you can kiss your career goodbys. Why would I be so stupid as to ruin my career for them?
I have my own daughter who is 12 has none of these crazy problems! I feel like they are sucking the life out of me. If I had known what I was in for I never would have married my DH. Before we were married everyone was relatively nice. As soon as we walked down the aisle it was as if someone flipped the crazy switch and all hell broke loose. I love my husband but I really cannot take this.
I am an only child and my daughter is an only child and we have lived a realtively calm, happy, low conflict life until this point. My ex husband and I rarly argue! He even goes to church with us and sits in the same pew on the other side of my daugher. How can I get through this with my sanity? There is so much more that I have not shared...it would take hours to write it all. I have wanted to write for months but was trying to deal with it myself. I even went to couseling because I thought it might help..complete waste of time and money. I just want peace! I am afraid that if I stay in this marriage that I will never be at peace and will always be attacked by this crazy woman. What did I do to deserve this? I just do not understand. My husband and I are both successful professionally and moral decent people. BM had multiple affairs and left my husband for her last F buddy that she married before I even met my husand. Is there any hope? Lord help!!!
chesapeakegurl

My exhausti

chesapeakegurl's picture

ok

chesapeakegurl's picture

Funny you say that. I have been wanting to move but we are waiting to finish this court fight. The further away the better but we can only go so far because of my husbands job. We only live a few miles from BM and she uses that to try to control us too. When this is done we are moving where I want to live out in the country as far from her as possible.