You are here

Help

Doxy's picture

I have come to this forum from time to time just to read about what various parents/step-parents go through. I tried to cope with being a new stepmother myself but I am not doing so well. Last year was my first year having to deal with my SD(17) living with us. This year it is worse. Now it is creating such anger in me towards my SD I don't know what to do. It feels hopeless. I have no biological children, just the SD.

alwaysanxious's picture

Start gearing DH for her move when she's 18. She needs to get out on her own. Either college or a job. You are in the home stretch.

Doxy's picture

Sad I sure hope so. DH often says stuff like she won't stay here once she graduates (she is a senior this year)but then either he or BM will say something like don't be surprised if she wants to stay. I'm just hoping I can get through the next 7 months of this. Sometimes I cannot even make myself be pleasant to her. It sucks, then I cry myself to sleep because I hate the situation so much and don't like being this way. BM is SD(17) best friend instead of her mom. DH hasn't lived in the same state as SD(17) since she was 3. She got no logical discipline with BM. She needs the military. Thanks for listening.

Doxy's picture

:O Well 4 days before Christmas DH and SD had a big blowout and she wanted to leave for the night. DH said you leave tonight and you leave for good and take everything with you. So with BM blessing she left. I knew that somehow DH would turn things around and get mad at me for something. So, here I sit by myself on Christmas Day.

Doxy's picture

He went to his family's for christmas. I was supposed to go but he didn't go with me last night to my family's christmas eve so I didn't go today. Besides, he isn't speaking to me and he threatened to reveal my "dark secret" to everybody. He's home now but still not speaking to me. I went to my sister's to eat. No word from SD.

Doxy's picture

DH is still not speaking a word to me. I'm trying not to let it get to me cuz I think that he just needs time. It very hard though.

planningMyEscape's picture

I'd tell your DH that as soon as she graduates high school, either she is moving out, or you are!! I practically count the days until mine will be done w/HS. (if I stay that long)

Doxy's picture

Smile Well DH and I are talking now. I know this is a really hard time for him. I just want my life and marriage back to the way it was before SD came to live with us. Sad