You are here

HAS ANYONE TOLD THEIR SO ABOUT THIS SITE?

sad2012's picture

I really want my DH to see this site, but I am not sure how to bring it up...the first time I saw this site, I told my DH about it, but he did not seem too interested in knowing anything about it...I call it "denial". He knows how I feel about his kids, but he does have a habit of, when something happens or I complain or bring up something, he changes the subject. My feelings are not going to go away..just as his kids are not going to go away (wishful thinking though)!

The latest thing was when they are back at BM, they just walk in and out of my house as they please, unannounced.............God that pisses me off to know end!! But, again, I feel I get ignored whenever I acknowledge to him of this behavior!

If he only knew how many of us are really out here, maybe it would open his eyes at bit more!!

StickAFork's picture

My honey knows... he doesn't say a whole lot about it other than he's glad I'm not one of those "psycho stepmoms" like some on here. Wink

As time has progressed, he's seen that his kids aren't perfect little ponies and maybe I've *had* a reason to be irritated for years. Biggrin

byebyebirdie's picture

you are lucky i wish i could tell my DH he claims he knows his child is not the "perfect princess" (my words) but he acts as if she is.....

RedWingsFan's picture

Yep, DH knows and I've shown him some of my posts/comments as well. He supports me venting to others since then he doesn't get the brunt of my anger/frustration/disappointment regarding his kid. Takes a bit off him knowing that I have a safe place to talk about our issues with her.

bi's picture

mine knows, but has never shown any interest in reading it. i wouldn't care if he did. i don't say anything that isnt' true. he would likely find out that my ugly feelings for his daughter run a lot deeper than i have ever shown, but the things she does that i write about are 100% true. you can't dispute the facts.

Krispey Kreme's picture

No, this is my place to say how I feel about all of the drama and trauma I've experienced since I naively married a guy with a nasty viper of a kid. I need this for my own mental health. DH doesn't have skids and has no idea what it is like. Nor does most anyone else I know, so they can't relate. This site helps me understand I'm not crazy and I'm not alone. It has also helped me understand the concept of disengagement. That alone is worth its weight in gold.

Disneyfan's picture

DF knows.

He thinks I'm kidding about most of the things I've told him about. He (like me) finds it hard to believe that people will put up with many of the things some vent about.

He was a stepdad for 8 years so he understands SP issues.

TASHA1983's picture

My BF knows about it and I even read him and tell him about the nightmares that I read about on this site...he laughs, he agrees with alot of the SM on here and he is NOT a Guilty/Disney Dad...THANK GOD!!!

He is happy for me that I found and have this site!!!

Love my man!!! Smile

Clearly An Upgrade's picture

My DH knows. Actually, any time I quote something awesome I've read, he asks "Is that a Stalkism?" Too funny. I guess I've told him a lot about it, because last night I was recapping a story to him, and he asked "Who posted that? Was it StepAside?" I laughed...I guess that's the one screen name he remembered me saying before.

He loves that I have a place to vent out. Saves him from having to hear me ruminate. Now when I start going over the past horrors of SD and BM with him, he'll ask if "Clearly" needs a computer break. LMAO!

msg1986's picture

I have. I have printed things out to show him how other people handle issues w/ bms etc. He was having a hard time understand how to place boundries w/ Bm and so I referenced A LOT from this site, it helped SOOOO much. I love this place! We haven't talked about how he feels about it but I've read him posts and he trips out on how crazy some families are. When I have issues w/ fss that are totally valid and I can tell he's getting offended that I'm bringing it up I'll always respond w/ "I'm talking about this with you now because if I don't i'll get to the point that I hate your son and vanish for the weekend because I can't even stand the sight of him like some of the smoms on steptalk!" it shuts him up real quick. lol.

TwoOfUs's picture

LOL.

**raises hand**

ive been a vanisher before! 

My DH doesn’t know about this site but I don’t think he’d be offended if he found out. I did try to get him to read Stepmonster but he didn’t really have any interest...

OhMeOhMy's picture

I told DH it exists and I post on here, but hes not too concerned about it... i am one of the lucky ones who have a good relationship with my SKids. Ive told him its just a place where stepparents vent or try to get different perspective, basically just support each other

Makingmecrazy's picture

I have told my FDH about the site. Told him it helps me a lot and he's actually been interested enough to read some posts. I guess he figures if I have someone to vent to about his ex wife besides him, he's thankful Smile

scarpetta's picture

I think all of you above are brave, or lucky (maybe that's it???) to have spouses that support your need and your right to vent in a safe forum. I can tell you that if my husband found out that I was even on this site, he would be very angry. He does not believe in publically (even though this isn't really public because we have screen names) venting about what he deems "private" family matters. And, he certainly wouldn't like many of the things I've had to say about my SD's. If he read any of it, he would likely ask for a divorce on the spot. This is the one place I can go to vent my frustrations as the parent of (now) adult stepchildren and the horrible family dynamic that exists in my life for going on 16 years now. Blessings to you all for your rants, venting, insight, wisdom, and support. It helps to feel I'm not alone.

TogetherForever89's picture

Sorry your DH isn't as open and understanding as you'd like...mine definitely is in the same boat, although I'd hope he wouldn't divorce me over an internet forum. You are definitely not alone!

Notup4it's picture

DH knows I come on here... I think if he read some of the content though he would flip out, Lol. 

TrueNorth77's picture

My SO knows I’m on a Step-parent site and occasionally I tell him about something someone posted, but he would probably be mad if He knew the venting I actually did. He just can’t grasp that I would be as annoyed with skids as I get because they’re “good kids”. And they are, they’re just not mine.

ProbablyAlreadyInsane's picture

"I joined a step-parent support group site." 

That's all I said, he didn't inquire further. So case closed. i like it being somewhere I can vent and bare my teeth a bit without worrying about anyone here getting ahold of it. I keep ZERO secrets from DH. This isn't a secret either, if he asked what the support group was I would say, but for now, I'm comfortable with it just being a me place.

justmakingthebest's picture

Probably Already- LOL that is what I call it too! Step/Parenting forum. I will throw things out from "that forum for parenting I joined" sometimes. 

sunshinex's picture

I haven't told my DH about the site, but I know he would be understanding. The only reason I haven't told him is because my feelings for SD aren't as loving as he thinks they are, and I wouldn't want him hurt if he were to come across a post of mine where I say something less than kind about her. My DH is very supportive of the difficulties I deal with as a stepmom, but I do keep my true feelings (that I don't love SD) from him.