You are here

GROSSED OUT! (Bathroom issues)

snoopyinoz's picture

Ok, i am step mom to 2 girls, 6 and 10, the GROSS part is, HOW???????? Do I get them to understand that when you use the toilet, wipe your arse and FLUSH! this is so nasty! neither one of these girls will clean up after they use the bathroom, and its just gross! the oldest one STINKS to the point that I REFUSE to let her go anywhere with me (I have put off going to the store ect until DH gets home, just so I dont have her nasty butt in my car) when I (politely) tell them to go flush, I get "OH I FORGOT" From the oldest one, like its a GIANT new thing to flush the damn toilet. the youngest one will go do it, no big deal, but still NO cleaning up. NASTY NASTY NASTY! ANy ideas? before i completly loose my mind and give them the Sears catalouge and sending them "out back" to do their business?

qtpie013178's picture

Similar problems here too. My stepson hates to bathe or shower. He is 13 now, at 10, he used to get ringworm and scaly dandruff because he would play outside and his mom didn't teach him to bathe properly. My husband has told me that she didn't bathe daily when they were together, either. Ewww!

The girls are still young enough to be taught better, especially if they are over a lot. Start teaching them, concentrating on the 2 and 6 year old. Perhaps the 10 year-old will want to fit in with the new cleanliness regimen.

snoopyinoz's picture

Just Two girls, 10 and 6, DH has 100% custody of them, and has since last summer. BM is NOT in the picture.

roseslady2's picture

Do they bathe themselves? Or do you do it? Or does no one? I know my SS10 had issues until he was 9 with actually getting himself clean after pooping. :sick: DH showed him multiple times how to both wipe and bathe to get himself clean. His Sdad at his Mom's did the same. Then, we started taking privileges when he turned 9 and still had issues. Like, we didn't let him stay at friend's places, we didn't let him sit on certain furniture, We made him do all of his own laundry (with supervisiou until this year), etc. Even threatened with adult diapers. It's a tough thing to do. I know it was a little akward for the Sdad, but he felt that DH hadn't done enough... funny how it kept happening when he did the same things that DH had done. I'm happy to say that, even though he still has to be reminded to shower, he has pretty much gotten the wiping and cleaning thing down. Biggrin

snoopyinoz's picture

they bathe themselves, and for the most part do a great job, its just the wiping and flushing issue that drives me insane

SASX's picture

An idea for you might be the wet wipes that Charmin and a few other toilet tissue companies put out. They are flushable and where they are damp cloths they make cleaning easier. I believe they are really marketed for the elderly population, but if they will remove skid marks and stench from skids they may be worth the investment. Just let the kids know they are for #2, not to be used for #1. You can find them in your paper aisle at the grocery store, come in plastic boxes to help retain the moisture.

ldytremaine's picture

eeew. my 6 year old ss doesnt wipe good. i know this cause hes scratching his ass all day. i tell him to get a BABY wipe and get back in there and wipe. then i say look at it after you wipe. was is dirty? well okay then thats what stayed behind in your butt crack. he gets embarrassed. if i were you i'd make them feel stupid and post signs over the toilet that say DONT FORGET TO WIPE THEN FLUSH. one over the sink DONT FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS. 6 and 10 should either know better or need to learn quick. when my ss leaves his skidmarks i take them out and show it to him in front of his dad so he can get embarrassed. and you have girls. oh lord what are you gonna do when they get their period?!!!! make them clean the toilet or something so they can get grossed out then point out that it is all theirs.