You are here

GREEDY BM - Tips for Child Support OVER IT!!!!!!!

stepmom24's picture

I have posted on here before as I was concerned that me and my Husband were paying way too much for one 5 year old girl. We pay close to $1200 dollars a month to her mother who still asks us for money all the time. We had to pay $800 for summer camp and still make that payment aswell. Well apparently this greedy cow thinks we make WAY more money than we do – and after my husband lost his job and started a new one she has served us with adjustment papers.
DO you have any tips or advice on what we can start doing to help us reduce our payment? Our salary has decreased considerable, we moved to be in the same state and we drive a long way to get her with no help from her mom!? HELP we cant afford this to go up- we can hardly make ends meet now as I am a student and I don’t want to have to drop out.

Sick and tired of being a stepmom.

stepmom24's picture

He used to live out of state - not see her as much and make more money? Now she makes a lot of money, he doesnt but it was neevr changed.

Willow2010's picture

Then change it and stop paying for extras. Is he ordered to pay $800.00 for a camp?!

purpledaisies's picture

I agree only pay his support and that is it! She can not make him pay for extras unless it is in the papers and then if it is in them make sure there are limits on it. Like only one a year and she has to call him and they set it up together and they have to agree. DO NOT PAY MORE THAN HAT IS ORDERED!!!!

Auteur's picture

Depends on where you live. If you live in the U.S. and live in one of the following states: CA, MA, NJ or NY most likely they'll find a reason to UP the CS DESPITE his lower income!

That's b/c cash strapped (AHEM BLUE) states get matching fed dollars for every dollar of CS they collect from the biodads (due to the "Old BM System" they couldn't care less about collecting CS from NCP bioMOMS)

GG pays $1000 a month for three kids HOWEVER he makes $15 an hour; do the math and you know that there is no self support reserve. GG NEEDS someone else to provide for HIS living expenses while he pays the Behemoth (BM) CS.

Meanwhile, the Behemoth has married the sugar daddy Snuffleupagus, who makes twice what I do and the Behemoth herself has a 37 hour a week job as a CPS worker and makes the same money that I do.

B22S22's picture

Just curious -- if the BM served you adjustment papers and now your DH is making less than he was when originally figured, but she's making more won't they take that into consideration?

I messed around on the net one night and pulled up my states' CS calculator. I plugged in what DH makes, and plugged in ZERO for BM (because she chooses not to work). Also did estimated overnights, what my DH pays in insurance, etc. It came out about $50 less per week than what he pays now.

According to this state's CS guidelines, if BM doesn't work, then full time minimum wage would be imputed. So I figured that and plugged it in..... based on that DH would pay $80 less a week. So at least according to this, if BM actually got a J.O.B. (or had CS refigured based on imputing minimum wage for her) DH would pay less in CS.

Dunno if that's the way it is anywhere else.

Auteur's picture

Fact is they seldom impute the CP BM for income. Only the NCP biodad if he has no job. In this way those matching fed funds can keep rolling in.

stepmom24's picture

We have her for the summer - so we HAD to pay for summer camp because she needed to do something while we were at work. That was all we could find that was close by.
Yes I am hoping it will be reduced and that she has shot herself in the foot by doing this, she doesnt know his current salary. Plus now we can factor in that we get her WAY more and that we pay for a lot when she is with us. We now live in CA that is why Im worried!

Why does the BM get to live in luxury and the dad get screwed? It seems SO unfair? What about when we have kids? My babies will be deprived because he made a mistake 5 years ago? NOT fair?

hopefulSM's picture

You should be able to go online to your state's child support enforecement website and find a calculator and imput the numbers in. Each state figures it different and has different things they can adjust the income for. In our state the take both parents income into consideration. They look at the number of non-joint children each has to support also and the amount of time that is CO for the non-cusotidal parent.

Are they doing a review of the order or will you be going to court? If you go to court you can also bring up the costs of your travel to visit SD. My ex actually had his CS slightly reduced due to the costs he had to travel to see SD after I had moved.

They should also look at who provides the insurance and how much extra it costs to cover SD and they look at childcare costs and who has them and how much the costs are.

Don't get to worked up about it right now. It could turn out to be in your favor and BM will be kicking herself in the butt for being so greedy.

Disneyfan's picture

Try not to worry, it may work out in your favor. We live in NY (NYC). DF filed for a modification in his order. We went to court last Friday and the judge reduced it from $700 to $360. BM didn't show up. (DF didn't make the 1st court date when the amount was set). DF gave the judge his pay stubs, a copy of our lease and corrected the lies BM told and she lowered the order.