You are here

goodbye, spring break. hello again, nightmare.

planningMyEscape's picture

Ugh.............this last week has been amazing. The steps spent the entire week with BM (well that isn't true, she always pawns them off on her parents or SO's parents). But, the point is, they were gone. It has been pure bliss. SO and I haven't argues 20 times like we normally do, when SKIDS are here being bratty/bullying my kids and being lazy and just annoying in general. My bios were HAPPY, I have been in heaven. And now it's over :(.

In case you don't know, steps live w/us during the week (m-f) and with BM on the weekends. I'm SO DREADING them coming back on Monday. I'm feeling anxious/depressed/annoyed. *sigh* I really, really want it to go back to them visiting EOW, but I know it won't. It probably never will, because their BM keeps popping out more kids and doesn't seem to have time for them.

Leaving is always in the back of my mind. I do love SO. I do want my bios to have both of their parents in the same house. But I can NOT stand the skids.

Ok, just needed to get that out.

Kes's picture

I really feel for you. I only have my teenage SDs here EOW. If I had them all the time, I would truly lose the will to live. Did you agree to the SKIDs coming to live with you? It sounds as though this was not always the arrangement. Can't you tell SO you have given it a fair go, and for you its not working - your welfare and that of your bios is suffering. If it's so bad that you're considering leaving anyway - it would not hurt to see if giving SO an ultimatum works.