You are here

Get this...

summertt's picture

My SDs mom called my DH on Wednesday of this past week asking him if I like my SD. This all came about becuase my BD and SD are not talking at this point. They have been at each other for the past 2 months or so. Me being an adult have let my BD and my SD know that I can't make them be friends, can't make them hang out and I can't make the socialize with each other. However, they will respect each other...One of my SDs friends told her I didn't like her because she doesn't like my BD so now my DH is questioning me on this. Am I pissed? EXTREMELY!!! Despite the fact that my SD is disrespectful to my DH, I have always treated her as I would my own children. I have taken her shopping when her own BM wouldn't. When she is at the house, I am the one to help her with her homework. I am the one she came to crying when she thought her BM and SD where getting a divorce and thought her BM would have nowhere to go. I have taken her to my family functions, my BDs b-ball games...And her BM had the nerve to call and question if I like her or not...

Chocoholic's picture

BB is just stiring the pot... they like to do that... nothing better to do I guess.
Whats sad is that your dh is questioning you. If you have never lied to dh and never treated the girls differently, then he should not be questioning you, he should be ignoring bb's antics.

I'm sorry, I completely understand why you are so pissed and hope you know that you are not wrong here.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned"
-Budda

Candice's picture

words. I have so gone out of my way for my ss, reading to him, homework, being at school events when neither one of his parents could make it, and the list goes on. Whenever someone questions my love for my ss, I just ask them how much more do I have to give for someone to actually get it? Actions speak louder than words, and if I haven't demonstrated enough that I care and love my ss, then I don't know what else to do. I refuse to explain myself to people of dumb questions....do you like your sd? Please...

If I were you, I would not even dignify the question by giving it an answer...

I feel your pain,
Candice

hangingin's picture

I have told BH those exact same words about my SD, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. And so far SD hasen't moved an inch to get up off of her lazy (getting bigger by the day) butt.We had a good long talk last night about SD, and he finally admitted to me that SD is a liar and dosen't want to work.That meant more to me than any jewelry or roses could ever do.BUT I'm NOT letting him off the hook about going to the councelor alone this week. Councelor wants to see him ALONE, and he agreed. Yeppeeeee!!!
Just call me.....
hangingin