You are here

This f*@^ing kid is dry humping my last nerve!

notmyspawn's picture

SK takes the Ipad...to the table...to eat. Props it up right in front of the plate of food. DH let her. WTF!? Are you kidding me?! Can we not be without the Ipad for the time it takes to eat a meal? What a piece of work ( a piece of something else too).
And I found SK going through my closet "looking for something." Am I crazy to think kids need boundaries and that not every square inch of our home is free game for SK to explore when and how SK wants? From my childhood, I have the phrase "If its not yours don't touch it" burned into my brain.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Vent over. Thank you.

oldone's picture

I hope you very strongly informed the skid that they were NEVER to go in your closet. period.dot.

notmyspawn's picture

I don't even want the kid in our room with out permission. Nothing in their that is anyones business but me and DH. I mean, who just goes into someone else's room and starts looking around like that?! Thank goodness SK is back at BM's. Let the weekend begin!

Anne Boleyn's picture

I don't let them in our bedroom. Period. I need personal space. If your man isn't on board with that idea, start leaving very personal items out in plain view and he will get on board.

MyNest2012's picture

I don't know how old your skid is, but I tell my 6 year old SD no ipad at dinner. And that includes her father too, who is sometimes bad about trying to be on the ipad while we're eating. I'm equal opportunity scolder, no one gets an ipad at the dinner table hubby included. lol. It's my meal, I cooked it, and if you want to eat it you'll have to leave electronics in another room. If you don't want to eat it fine, go to your room- but no dinner.

SD does use our shower (even though she has her own bathroom) and I am about to put a stop to that too because she uses all my shaving cream- playing with it. So I feel ya in that department.

realitycheckmom's picture

FDH had problems with me not wanting SS9 in our room. He also was upset because I let DD3 in our room. Well she used our bathroom and she used our tub for baths so SS could have his own bathroom. (SS couldn't flush and he was filthy) In our new house I have master closet the size of a bedroom so the rule is stay out of my closet and my bathroom. She is only in my room if I am there too.