You are here

finely made the decision to get out

drama free please's picture

It's been yrs of hell every summer his spoiled brat son here and I decided it just to much to handle anymore ... Everyday it's drama with this kid. We have been together 6 yrs and I'm finely realizing I'm just done... I can't take this and my kids shouldn't have too..so I finely told him I'm done... And for the first time I feel like I've made the right choice ... Things will never change and I can't go thru another summer like this ... I'm gonna get my own place and move on and he can continue to baby that brat without me. Yay me ! sad it took me 6 yrs to see it ...and I'm sure his son will be happy as can be since that boy loves when we fight and even laughs evilly at us when we are !anyone else on the edge of finely getting out because it's just to much ?

ownedbypedro's picture

I envy you because it took me TWENTY ONE years to make that decision. You don't have an easy road ahead of you, but I know you don't need me to tell you that. Indeed, it sounds like you know your u are doing the right thing. You are more brave than I was as I waited so long.

It is SAD when the skids "win" - but from the sound of your situation, you will be happier and at peace in the long run. The situation with your skid would never change and that is the fault of his parents.

Good luck -- you go girl!!

drama free please's picture

I struggled with this for so long... I'm a pretty tolerant person and have tried to just ignore his behavior over the years but there's a point where u see nothing's going to change and my boyfriend contributes to it . This week we took him and my son to Disneyland and it was sk first time there so you would think most children would be excited and appreciative but nope within 2 hrs he was pouting and crying because there were lines , pouting because he didn't want to ride something ...every hour it was new drama with him... It started to make everyone not have a good time anymore and people were staring at us because here's this Huge 12 yr old acting like he's 4! And my bf just makes excuses for him.. I finely had it with the summers from hell

anafiodorova's picture

Congratulations on realizing that you have the power within to be happy and fulfilled.
I left almost 8 months ago after 3 1/2 years and as much as I loved him I could not picture myself dealing with bipolar BM2 and her 12 year old daughter ( who might also be with some mental illness- it is not confirmed medically but friends of mine who have kids have made hints).

My ex`s mother is also paranoid and crazy . Certified and on pills but obviously not taking them regularly. The only normal people are his son from BM1 and presumably my ex. However, after what happened I am not quite sure that he is also completely sane. My therapist also told me that he cannot be ok if he has lived in this toxic environment for 36 years.

I love him dearly - yes I still do and hold a lot of compassion and kindness for him and his family. But I am at a point where I love myself and respect myself more to know that staying in this relationship would have seriously damaged my emotional and possibly physical health.And no man no matter how wonderful he is is worth your emotional health.

I tried to get him out of the toxicity but you cannot change a man who does not want to change and is happy the way it is and says it in your face in one voice with his mother.At least I give him that - he was honest( well after 3 1/2 years in which he was assuring me that he will change things) that his situation will not change and he likes it the way it is and he is not going to change it.Confirmed by him and his mother. So I am glad I did not waste another 3 years or a decade to reason with crazy and in the process lose my mind.

Funny thing is at the end he thought that it was me that was driving him crazy because I demanded a change if I was to marry him. I have been asking for that change for 3 1/2 years and running on empty promises. Even gave him a whole year to work alone with his family and daughter to change things.It got worse actually.Really bad!

You are much braver to walk away and find your happiness...It is hard but worth the pain. Trust me after 8 months I think that walking away was the best thing I ever did.

He is charming and good looking and I am sure he will find another catch for 2- 3 years and then the cycle will repeat itself. Unless he looks at himself honestly and examines his life - stripped bare and naked.Some people do this at 30 , others at 40 or 50 , 60 , 70, 80. Some never even have the chance to get there.

Bless him and love him because he has given you the greatest gift in your life- a chance to find true love and happiness that awaits you just around the corner.