You are here

documentation

violetforest's picture

Interested in finding out if anyone have gone to the point of posting online such as in a blog an outline of custody issues. We have basically hit our heads on a brick wall and now have found ourselves going back to court again for the same issues. The GAL admits that the courts have made the situations worse and that they have not followed through as necessary in our case. I cant help but wonder how many other's there are in our own county who are struggling. I think that there must be a way to make connections with others so that the court,gal's and such can be held accountable for the family court system. I blame no one but the court for being over booked because they refuse to follow the state statues and laws as outlined.

example - court order outlined that law enforcement can remove ss from bm in order to allow bf to gain access to ss for visitation. (officers refuse to remove ss and refuse to interview ss14 without bm present, so officers admit that they do not ever hear from ss refusing that it is always BM talking, she has refused to disclose and to provide ss to officers duirng attempts to pick up ss for visitation, she has hung up on officers, and swears at them)

We returned to the GAL with law enforcement proof that visitation was refused, that they refused to remove child per their policies and even though the order allows the GAL to change the order the GAL refused to make any changesuntil the judge could hear the issues.

To court judge "tells" BM to follow the order finds her in contempt and still has BF pay half of the GAL fees even though the only reason we are there is because BM was found in contempt.

BM continues to refuse to allow BF to see ss14. Continues to refuse to follow police requests to provide ss14 for verification of availability etc.

Again to court - judge sent letter from BF's attorney requesting clarification and follow up instructions to gain access to ss14.

BM continues

Now we continue to have to go to court again to gain access to ss14, court continues to allow thing to drag out whild bf continues to be refused to have contact with his son even though there are 5 other children being raised in our home, no criminal or legal issues of concern and BF's oldest 16 year old living with us the brother of the ss14 who continues to be refused. so our home is not a concern. This has cost us over $25,000.00 in legal expenses because either we give up on seeing ss4 or we continue to pay these people to make decisions for us at the chance that they might actually do something this time.

I susupect that if there was a public forum where other's could see what the issues were and patterns of actions by these people who are really in control of not only our lives but the lives of our children things might not lag on so long. and in the end the kids who are being hurt by all of this would not have to go through it so long.